Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hearing Protection Act reintroduced

we knew it was going to happen, but this on the American suppressor association website today
    ASA ANNOUNCES REINTRODUCTION OF HEARING PROTECTION ACT: A BILL TO REMOVE SUPPRESSORS FROM THE NFA

I looked on the congress.gov website, and its not listed there yet, but I just imagine it hasn't had time to be posted yet

once its listed, I firing off emails to my senators and congressman
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

Awesome. As soon as it shows up on congress.gov, let us know so that we can do the same thing. I'll try to watch for it.

Everyone needs to become a member of ASA for this very purpose. It sounds like they've put in a ton of work towards getting this done.
    WVRPC USPSA Match Director // Indiana Multigun Series Shooter

the reintroduced bill Is called
    Duncan-Carter Hearing Protection Act of 2017 (H.R. 367)
    its not on the congress.gov website yet, they have listed bills introduced on Friday the 6th and this was introduced today.

as soon as it gets on the .gov site, I'm going to post here on the class 3 thread, the general thread and all over my facebook

another asa clicky link for you

Support the Hearing Protection Act

and this means I going to send hand written emails (not form letters that the asa generates) to my senators and congressmen

and who knows, I might just pick up the phone! (I've never called them before)

I hope it has the refund part still in it from the original date. The money would go toward more cans!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanVoils View Post
    I hope it has the refund part still in it from the original date. The money would go toward more cans!
    Dan
    According to the ASA email, it does. It go does back to the original 2015 date that the first HPA had.
    WVRPC USPSA Match Director // Indiana Multigun Series Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by jonny4523 View Post
    According to the ASA email, it does. It go does back to the original 2015 date that the first HPA had.

I could care care less about the refund, just save me money in the future on not spending the $200 on future purchases. Along with sbr's. This also needs to be looked at and disappear.

I saw this also. As far as guys looking at the refund. From what I understand it will be applied at tax time, and that's how the refund will be received. Not a check in the mail as some had previously thought... I am very anxious to watch this progress though! I'd love to keep saving 200 bucks. Plus I'll get quite a bit back from the refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Bfish View Post
    I saw this also. As far as guys looking at the refund. From what I understand it will be applied at tax time, and that's how the refund will be received. Not a check in the mail as some had previously thought... I am very anxious to watch this progress though! I'd love to keep saving 200 bucks. Plus I'll get quite a bit back from the refund!
    I wouldn't get much but I'm very impatient on waiting for new toys so going to a shop and walking out with a suppressor would be just great!!

Jay/lonehoosier

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

since it was introduced yesterday, not much is showing on the congress.gov website, but here's the link

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...%22%5D%7D&r=21

already has 43 cosponsors (even 1 democrat) that last bill had 82 cosponsors and 2 were dems

I've bookmarked this, so I can keep up to date on the latest updates

so tell your friends!

I've already converted 1 person who said "I'm a hunter, and I'm a gun owner, I don't see why people need silencers!"

my reply was "you're a hunter right?....when a deer comes out from behind the bush, do you put on your earmuffs?...or do you pull the trigger and listen to your ears ring?.....well someday that ringing wont stop."

my next comment was "have you ever taken a person new to shooting, and watched them flinch, or close their eyes waiting and anticipating the flash, recoil and bang?....well suppressors help stop that"

his next remark was "ok I've heard enough, you've converted me"

so now, everyone's assignment is to go to the asa website, and enter you info
    Support the Hearing Protection Act
    it'll generate an email to your legislators telling them you support this

or better yet, look up their email address, and take the time to write something in your own words. that'll look better than some form letter!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast