Is there a way to check the status of paper filed Form 1s?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sent my stuff in right before the rules changed, so I don't exactly expect to see it anytime real soon, but it has been over 6 months so I'm a little curious...

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    what is "right before" May, June, April? You can check the NFA tracker site, Did they cash your check yet? The closer to the 41P deadline the longer the wait. Saying what date it was submitted would help.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    you can check your mailbox daily! :rolleyes::n00b:;):laugh:

Not much to do other than see that the check is cashed. There's a # you can call to see that it's gone "pending." Other than that... :dunno:

-rvb

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Right before, as in July 11th lol... My checks did cash thankfully, and I haven't heard anything else so I would think I'm ok.

you can check your mailbox daily! :rolleyes::n00b:;):laugh:

Not much to do other than see that the check is cashed. There's a # you can call to see that it's gone "pending." Other than that... :dunno:

-rvb

What is the number?

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    what is "right before" May, June, April? You can check the NFA tracker site, Did they cash your check yet? The closer to the 41P deadline the longer the wait. Saying what date it was submitted would help.

Having been burned by this before, I'd highly recommend that you call the NFA Branch and just verify that they do indeed have your form being processed. Don't bother asking when it will be approved as they will just give you some number that has no bearing on reality. But, learn from my lesson, and don't let 8 months go by just to find out that "lost" your paperwork and you just wasted a huge amount of time.

ATF Branch number is [FONT=&quot] [/FONT](304) 616-4500

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Having been burned by this before, I'd highly recommend that you call the NFA Branch and just verify that they do indeed have your form being processed. Don't bother asking when it will be approved as they will just give you some number that has no bearing on reality. But, learn from my lesson, and don't let 8 months go by just to find out that "lost" your paperwork and you just wasted a huge amount of time.

Ditto, I always call just one time, a few weeks after check clears, to confirm "pending" status. Then watch the mailbox...

[video=youtube;-KJPP7GkuPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KJPP7GkuPU[/video]

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Sent my stuff in right before the rules changed, so I don't exactly expect to see it anytime real soon, but it has been over 6 months so I'm a little curious...

All of my form 1 /4's have been religiously running 8-9 months from time the check was cashed until receiving the stamp.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just got off the phone with the hotline. Was told the current processing time for Form 1/4 is 8 months and that both of mine have been processing since 7/18. So 2 more months I guess!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I mailed in my form 4/Trust July 5th, still waiting. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of march at the latest.
    I really want my Silencer Co Omega for a precision rifle class in April.

Top Bottom