• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I just got my stamp back for my scorpion evo so I can use it as a SBR.
    I originally bought it as a pistol of course with a 7 or 8 inch barrel.
    My lawyer is saying (but not sure and is checking) to see if I need switch out parts to make it completely legal.

Does anyone know if I have to add the parts from the compliance kit that came with my stock to make it legal?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yes, you need to install all the parts, even the seemingly redundant ones like magazine bottom plates. I just read this a few days ago. And congrats if you found a stock kit. They've been unicorns from what I've read.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I now a guy who got his sbr stamp back before he could find the stock kit!.....took forever to get the kit, I shot it with a fore grip and no stock, and it didn't turn my crank, the safety switch was awkward, he has found the kit, and installed it, but I haven't got to shoot it yet

but he said the same thing, the sbr kit has all the 922 compliance parts, and they all have to be installed!

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    By the letter of the law? Yeah, you should comply with 922r. On the other hand, please show me any individual ever prosecuted on the sole charge that an otherwise legal firearm wasn't 922r compliant. Can't do it, can you?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i cant remember and i cant look because it getting engraved with my trust name/city...its just short. and yes I did get it back though I paid a lgs to fill it out for me...they wanted "cz" added to the model. i sent it back in and got it about two weeks later
    Another aside - 7" or 8" barrel? Was your Form 1 similarly vague?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You're getting your Form 1 engraved? Uh, okay. And "its just short"? Damn. Good thing you have a lawyer I guess...

Form 1 SBR must be engraved just like the OP stated to be legal.

You have been a member for 1.5 years and only have 17 post, so lighten up a little. I'm hoping you do more reading post than you do typing.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I got the 922r kit from CZ. I suggest you do the same thing. Better safe than sorry. Not likely that anyone would ever check, but if they did, its not worth the risk. If the kits are not available now, get on the back order list. It is a really fun gun to shoot with the stock on. I love mine. It will be worth the wait.

moose97

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2015
    Hoagland
    Yeah, I'm being a prick. Why? Because of what I said. How do you get so far in this process and have no idea what you're doing? I asked what he put on his Form 1 for barrel length (btw, the correct answer is 7.72", which is what I have on my Form 1), and his reply was that he couldn't answer because it was "out being engraved." Yeah, I'm well aware of the engraving requirements, but surely the OP has the Form 1 available to answer what he submitted (which is what my question was, not what is the actual barrel length).

Also, I'm being a prick because his "gun lawyer" is giving advice that he should get answers from an online forum rather than knowing for himself. Boy, that is money well spent! Sure wish I had such a great lawyer rather than using an cookie cutter Trust company, which would, oh yeah, GIVE ME THE EXACT SAME ADVICE. but cost pennies on the dollar.

Finally, so glad someone brought out the "you've only got x number if posts" argument. What is this, 1997? Can't believe I have to justify myself, but yeah, I hardly ever post here. Moved to Indiana a year and a half ago but have probably bought & sold more guns than many if you guys. But whatever. No "street cred" in INGO, so I should just shut my mouth... Thanks for the warm welcome

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, I'm being a prick. Why? Because of what I said. How do you get so far in this process and have no idea what you're doing? I asked what he put on his Form 1 for barrel length (btw, the correct answer is 7.72", which is what I have on my Form 1), and his reply was that he couldn't answer because it was "out being engraved." Yeah, I'm well aware of the engraving requirements, but surely the OP has the Form 1 available to answer what he submitted (which is what my question was, not what is the actual barrel length).

Also, I'm being a prick because his "gun lawyer" is giving advice that he should get answers from an online forum rather than knowing for himself. Boy, that is money well spent! Sure wish I had such a great lawyer rather than using an cookie cutter Trust company, which would, oh yeah, GIVE ME THE EXACT SAME ADVICE. but cost pennies on the dollar.

Finally, so glad someone brought out the "you've only got x number if posts" argument. What is this, 1997? Can't believe I have to justify myself, but yeah, I hardly ever post here. Moved to Indiana a year and a half ago but have probably bought & sold more guns than many if you guys. But whatever. No "street cred" in INGO, so I should just shut my mouth... Thanks for the warm welcome

:welcome: psyko

Top Bottom