• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    Greetings friends. I have never purchased a NFA firearm - but I am interested in getting a Danial Defense DDM4 ISR. Because of the integrated suppressor - it doesn't require an additional stamp for being a SBR - only for having a suppressor.

isr_black_l_02-103-02041.jpg

Am I correct that if I purchased this tomorrow - I would have to pay for it in full, but it would take approx a year for me to take her home?

Does it seem absurd to anyone else that I have to wait 12-months to receive the rifle? What happens if the gun store goes out of business during my wait?

'Any advice on how to get it done quicker?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Pay for upfront yes. Wait about 8-9 months.

Absurd? Ehh....definitely excessive but blame 41F for that.

All of us with NFA items had to do the same paperwork and wait. Sucks but you'll live.

As for getting it done quicker, no way to expedite it. If you want it quicker, just get your paperwork in as quick as possible

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greetings friends. I have never purchased a NFA firearm - but I am interested in getting a Danial Defense DDM4 ISR. Because of the integrated suppressor - it doesn't require an additional stamp for being a SBR - only for having a suppressor.

View attachment 52855

Am I correct that if I purchased this tomorrow - I would have to pay for it in full, but it would take approx a year for me to take her home?

Does it seem absurd to anyone else that I have to wait 12-months to receive the rifle? What happens if the gun store goes out of business during my wait?

'Any advice on how to get it done quicker?

Yep. Welcome to the stupidity that is the BATFE NFA. Unless you have a time machine you're pretty much stuck with the timeline you've given. Although according to NFATracker.com it may be less.
    Dan

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I don't know if you are going to a shop that has one or you found one on line but my only recommendation would be to buy it from someone who has it in stock. If not you will need to wait 30+ days for the rifle to be transferred to your shop of choice and then begin the Form 4 paperwork from there, even longer if the place you bought it from misrepresented that they have it in stock. We deal with a lot of Daniel Defense products including SBRs and the ISR is hard to get so just make sure they have it.

Top Bottom