• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I already have a can but with the likelihood of being able to get another one or two much easier I will likely be buying a few more. The problem is that I don't consider myself well versed on the different brands of silencers. The one I have is a Kestral 556 and I got lucky because mine has been rock solid without any issues. It's on a precision AR-15 and I don't want to be taking it on or off all the time.

Ideally, I'd like to get a lighterweight can for a 22lr pistol that can also work on a 22lr bolt gun, but I'm not opposed to buying two cans if the process is a lot more reasonable to purchase. I also would like to get a .308 caliber can and I had been thinking about something like the AAC SDN-6. I like that it's an old name in the industry and will be around for a while, and I like that with purchasing different muzzle devices I can do a quick disconnect and move it from one gun to another easily. Getting those would be my first priority, but eventually I'd also like a pistol can for a 45acp.

I've already got a threaded 22lr pistol and rifle in 1/2x28. There's a threaded 308 bolt gun and a 300 blackout. I don't have a threaded 45acp, but a drop in barrel for a G41 or 1911 would fix that.

What suggestions would you guys have? I don't even know what brands to look at and I'd really like to stick with old names in the industry because 10 years from now I don't want to own a silencer from a company that doesn't exist anymore.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    For a .22 can I love my sparrow. Easy to clean and solid design. I use it on my pistols, my 10/22 and a bolt action and all are awesome. it does have first round pop but the design is awesome and the sound suppression is great. The gem-tech GM-22 is sick light so so light but don't like the design as much for .22. Its worth a look at the sparrow. I am still waiting on the GM-9 for my 300 blackout and for my AR9 its the same design pretty much as the sparrow but with no sleeve to make taking apart a gunked up one a little harder.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    For your centerfire guns, you may want to look at a combo can, like the Silencerco Hybrid. It can handle anything from your .45 pistol all the way up to full power .308 (and more). It would let you have one can to rule them all, so to speak (though you probably want a purpose built .22 can as well, as .22 is really dirty).

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    (though you probably want a purpose built .22 can as well, as .22 is really dirty).

That was one thing I found out when I kept switching my current can to the 22lr rifle and then back on the AR. I'd really love to find a dedicated 22lr pistol, and dedicated 22lr rifle can just so I can avoid having to remove them and reinstall them. When I was running 22lr through my can I got all kinds of loose crud in there and it wasn't good.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Buy now, submit your Form 4's, if the HPA passes, just call the ATF and cancel your Form 4's and you will get a refund check.

.22- Sparrow, Mask (Oculus will most likely be awesome too, I haven't seen any numbers, but I do have one on order)

.308/.300- Omega (hands down)

.45 acp- Obsidian, Ghost, Revolution

Basically anything SiCo, Dead Air, Rugged, or Griffin is good to go in my opinion. I'm not a huge AAC fan because of customer service issues I see on another big forum, but with that being said, I will be adding a Tirant 9M to my collection when they are available.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Dead Air Sandman L for 5.56, 5.45, 7.62x39, 300 blackout, .308, .300 win mag, 243, ect. And it is full auto rated with no minimum barrel length. Interchangeable endcaps for 5.56 to 308. It's very very quiet and the main thing for me that makes the extra length and weight worth it even for a sbr is the lack of blowback it has. I've been seriously impressed on how little blowback there is. Also it has I think the best lockup QD attachment in the market. It goes on the same way every time so your poi is always the same. And it will not come loose even if one lockup fails it has a backup so your can will never go flying downrange
    Dead Air is an amazing company.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    My personal 22lr can is a Gemtech GM-22, love it, but I have sold a few SilencerCo Sparrows and have gotten good feed back on them from users. If you are looking for cheaper one for just the 22LR and nothing else a SilencerCo Warlock is a good choice and relatively inexpensive.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    So a basic setup would include a 22 lr can and another one for 5.56 thru 300 win mag? Is there some thoughts as to connectivity compatability? With modularity in some of the newer designs, are there more things to consider?

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    So a basic setup would include a 22 lr can and another one for 5.56 thru 300 win mag? Is there some thoughts as to connectivity compatability? With modularity in some of the newer designs, are there more things to consider?

If you want a jack of all trades master of none then look no further than the Liberty Mystic X.

Top Bottom