• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Aside from the fact I've always loved saying "El Camino!" I had a blast with Q's first production silencer.

[video=youtube;kqVf7OTwKWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVf7OTwKWM[/video]

:ingo:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Curious why you had to initially push the slide into battery and the last shot hold open didn't work.
    Dan

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Curious why you had to initially push the slide into battery and the last shot hold open didn't work.
    Dan

They don't take kindly to being dirty, lol. In the case of this Walther it's actually pretty reliable for the first 200~ rounds after cleaning with good ammo then it starts getting finicky like you see in the video. Add a silencer and that 200 rounds turns into about 100 due to the extra blowback.

I will say this guy has made it through a few hundred rounds by the end of that video, I haven't cleaned it since the... revolution 9 review I think? It's been several months. I hate cleaning guns.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They don't take kindly to being dirty, lol. In the case of this Walther it's actually pretty reliable for the first 200~ rounds after cleaning with good ammo then it starts getting finicky like you see in the video. Add a silencer and that 200 rounds turns into about 100 due to the extra blowback.

I will say this guy has made it through a few hundred rounds by the end of that video, I haven't cleaned it since the... revolution 9 review I think? It's been several months. I hate cleaning guns.

Which Walther is it? I have a PPQ M2-22 I run suppressed and haven't had any problems. It has well over 1,000 rounds through it. Same with my 22/45 Lite.

I will say the can is pretty quiet. One problem with newer cameras is that the mic has an AGC that can't be turned off. This makes the suppressed shots seem louder than they are.

Dan

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Which Walther is it? I have a PPQ M2-22 I run suppressed and haven't had any problems. It has well over 1,000 rounds through it. Same with my 22/45 Lite.

It's at least 5=6 years old, maybe 8. Other than a P22 I'm not sure it's my wifes. I'll take a look next time I'm in that safe.

I will say the can is pretty quiet. One problem with newer cameras is that the mic has an AGC that can't be turned off. This makes the suppressed shots seem louder than they are.

Dan

I use full manual settings for all my silencer videos, including setting the volume levels and metering manually as well (agc disabled). I also use a separate mic, I haven't used the built in camera one for a long time.

It is a quiet can and I'd say that the audio making it into the final video is pretty close to what you'd hear in person, Volume wise based on other noise like the slide and hammer fall. Nothing substitutes for in person of course. I'm working really hard to have it sound as "natural" as possible and you are correct that auto modes for most cameras really suck for silencer work.

Top Bottom