Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by curraheeguns View Post
    Yes, he has one in the works as a drop-in to the factory upper
    #488 here.

All I know is that man is a genius!!!
    I invited him to send a beta-test unit out for us to run at NFA Day.

What I really wish he (or anyone reputable) would make is a high-quality, properly machined and hardened set of M-11/9 guts. Not just bolts and sears, but triggers, disconnectors and a sear trip lever that actually works...

M11/9 is the cheapest. M10 probably the best way to go if you are going to get a Mac, you can do .45/9mm/and soon to be .22. If you keep an eye on a few different boards you can pick up a M11/9 for $2800-$3000 with accesorries. A Powder Springs M10 can be had for $3000 or sometimes less if you are willing to wait a bit.

If you want to spend a little more you can get a Stemple 76 or a Reising. I would probably avoid the Reising from what I hear they are hard to get parts for and don't run 100% without some tinkering. I wouldn't pay any more than $3500 for a Stemple, I've seen a couple advertised for $3200 here lately. If you have to have a Reising I wouldn't pay any more than $4k. The Spitfire SMG is also in the same price range, these are another I'd stay away from. No parts and lots of tinkering.

As others said, try making some offers you may be able to get a really good deal.

how hard is it to convert an M11/9 or M10 to a SBR? I mean other than the paperwork, is the stock a bolt on?
    RIFLEMAN

I love 'lovemywoods'' woods!

Tactical Platypus
    On the SMG the stock is bolt on. I am not sure if something in the design prevents a semi from having a stock mounted.

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    how hard is it to convert an M11/9 or M10 to a SBR?
    You're talking about the MAC-style semi-autos, right? Because there's no such thing as a select-fire SBR (it would be a machine gun by definition).

The semi-auto pistols (PM-11, MPA, et al) differ from the semi-auto carbines and the SMGs in that they cannot easily accept a buttstock. Not sure what's involved in converting them. It might be easier to pick up a semi-auto carbine (which has a buttstock already), register it as an SBR, then slap on a short-barreled upper.

There's a dedicated MAC forum over at UZI Talk Forums; might want to go there and look around.

no, I was just wondering how hard it is to add a stock to a m11/9, or m10. I guess I assume if it has a stock, its a SBR.

So basically what your saying is a machine gun is a machine gun, regardless whether its a pistol or a rifle? One stamp, all done?
    RIFLEMAN

I love 'lovemywoods'' woods!

Certified Glock Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    So basically what your saying is a machine gun is a machine gun, regardless whether its a pistol or a rifle? One stamp, all done?
    Yep. Machine gun trumps everything.

And a factory M-11/9 should come with a stock. It's a chintzy one, but it's there.

Here's mine as it came out of the box (that lasted all of about 7 seconds):

Quote Originally Posted by shooter521 View Post
    Not sure what's involved in converting them.
    Pretty sure it's just cutting out the holes for the stock in the backplate, drilling the hole for the stock latch and adding the stock latch. Nothing too difficult.

I have a nice MK760 for $4500 with I think I have 6 mags with it. Right here in Indianapolis. Shoot, pun intended, me an email.
    Help me raise $25,000. Donate to the Leukemia Society. http://www.gofundme.com/bg8yq4

I don't think you can put a stock on a semi auto mac the trigger and sears are completley different than the full auto and the manufacturers quit cutting out the slots for the wire stock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast