• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Anyone know of a 7.5" ~ 10.5" barrel, threaded for flash-hider for this kind of AR? Yes, I am prepared to pay for the stamp and accept the wait-time. Pat.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You can get complete uppers in that range from DPMS, POF-USA, Bravo Company USA, LaRue and a host of others. What other qualities are you looking for in an upper?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    There are short barrel uppers available from all sorts of manufacturers.

I like this one:
    full-oa-93.jpg

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    The Noveske Diplomat is 7.5" but most of them have the Krink and are longer. I am considering a LMT/Colt MK-18 clone 10.5"/10.3", a Colt 6933 11.5", a BCM 11.5/12.5 or a GTS 12.5" operator build.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    A wealth of information!! Now I just have to make up my mind. How many Stamps will I need for a 7½", quad-rail forward assist, with pistol-grip ? Changing my EBR into my EBP. Pat.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A wealth of information!! Now I just have to make up my mind. How many Stamps will I need for a 7½", quad-rail forward assist, with pistol-grip ? Changing my EBR into my EBP. Pat.

If you're just wanting an AR pistol, you don't need a stamp for that.

As for changing an existing AR carbine/rifle, I dunno. :dunno:

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    once a rifle always a rifle so if you want a short BBL you will need a file a form 1 200$ and keep the stock IMO
    or buy a bare lower and build it as a pistol

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    AR-15 pistol.

Well, it's to be an AR-something. I got the stripped lower via registered FFL in Muncie, but did not notice whether the new form listed it as pistol or rifle. I bought a lower-parts-kit and upper here on INGO. So what I really want to do is to reserve the barrel from the buy on this site, and build up a true pistol with the stripped lower I bave bought.. I haven't begun a search for parts for this, because my thread and INGunGuy's thread are teaching me so much. But is this true: my registered stripped lower has never seen a spring or ANYTHING to make it a 'gun'; so if I build it as a pistol, 100%, would it need engraved per NFA regs, or is it good-to-go as built -- a pistol from the ground up? Does my 4473 NEED to say 'pistol', or 'rifle'? Thanks for laying your brains out for me to view! Pat.

Last edited:

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    depending on who you ask I personally want to make sure I have my A** covered !
    was it transferred on the 4473 as long gun, pistol or rec ?
    do you have a copy to prove it if necessary ?
    IMO some of the old rec transferred on the old 4473's before they had the rec option are iffy if they were transferred as rifle you would have to prove otherwise or you would have an illegal SBR IF they wanted to push the issue I've been getting a copy of the 4473's for proof someday !

boman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    indianapolis

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Thanks for the affirmation on RRA. I'd been looking very closely at their offering on Complete .223 Pistol lower, at less than $375. I'd rather go with them than to try to cobble up a combination of ba$tard parts n my own. My FFL dealer agrees, and does this sort of operation himself. He'll let me pick his brain -- for a fee!! (BTW, my lower serial # starts with 'R' ) Pat

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Do you want to put a vertical forward grip on a pistol? I believe there are regulations governing that sort of thing. Will someone please address this?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Do you want to put a vertical forward grip on a pistol? I believe there are regulations governing that sort of thing. Will someone please address this?

Yes. Putting a vertical foregrip onto a pistol turns it into an unregistered (and thus illegal) AOW (Any Other Weapon).

Making an AOW legally requires the same registration and $200 tax stamp as making an SBR.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I thought that stripped lowers were transferred as "other".. Not so much as an AOW, but as other so that the could be built up as either a pistol or a rifle?

But I MAY remember reading somewhere that pistol lowers are incapable of accepting a stock?

In all reality, though, I'm not much of a help in this thread. I just like to post randomly to up my post count. HAH! hehe

-J-

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I thought that stripped lowers were transferred as "other".. Not so much as an AOW, but as other so that the could be built up as either a pistol or a rifle?

A stripped receiver now transfers out on a 4473 as a "receiver". This has not always been the case, though, and it does not address how they were recorded by the manufacturer when they were made (if the mfr. records a receiver as a "rifle" but it is listed on the 4473 as a "receiver," can it legally be built into a "pistol"? My head hurts).

But I MAY remember reading somewhere that pistol lowers are incapable of accepting a stock?

An AR pistol lower can physically accept a buttstock just like any other AR lower.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes. Putting a vertical foregrip onto a pistol turns it into an unregistered (and thus illegal) AOW (Any Other Weapon).

Making an AOW legally requires the same registration and $200 tax stamp as making an SBR.

I wonder if these would fit into that category?

GMF-9A.jpg

Glock 9mm Tactical Magazine Attachment

Would this be considered usable as a grip?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom