• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Came out of Popguns this morning after registering to shoot to find the passenger window of my jeep broken out! and m\y 9MM SBR with a Yankee Hill supressor was gone! F#CK !! Made the necessary LE report, There were a couple of thug looking jagoffs hanging out at the door waiting while others were waiting for the doors to open. Other coustomers reported they were in a "Caprice" type station wagon, purple in color with darkly tinted windows on the bottom of the window transitioning up to chrome. So dark tint transitioning up to chrome at the top. Probably east side thugs according to the LE, Please be on the lookout. SBR has my name engraved as required, so Jack Richardson, Indianapolis,IN engraved on the front of the Magwell. Probably will not be on the black market for sale, but all information will be treated as confidential. I really would like it back, but that probably won't happen, LET"S GET IT OUT OF THE THUGS POSESSION!! Please don't shame me over this, as I'm already coulda,shoulda,woulda-ing all over myself..:noway:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Crap, Jack! That just plain sucks! I'll be on the lookout for the car and gun. That ride sounds a little distinctive... I can't imagine too many purple station wagons with dark-to-chrome tint on the windows.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Thats horrible. I will be on the lookout for a vehicle like that. Maybe you could pm your number and or the person in charge of the report case just in case someone spots them.

I do hope they get caught with it and get the full punishment for having those items in their possession.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I am on the east side and inner east extensively. Will be happy to call it in if see the vehicle. Sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your dread over this. I had a gun stolen approx. 3 years ago and it still haunts me and I still search forums and shops for it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry to hear about this...especially on Christmas Eve when you were probably trying to have a little well deserved "me time".

One would think an establishment like Pops Guns would have video cameras positioned around their building...and ones which provide enough clarity to obtain plate information off of cars, if need be.

If Pops was anything like the range I went to down in SC today, there were 20+ people waiting outside the door before it opened and at least another 30+ people waiting for lanes to open when I left. Busy day!

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Holy cow! Atleast they got a fairly good vehicle description and being that this is an SBR with a supressor, it is an obvious gun and has your name all over it.
    This should be like an A.P.B and I am sure that it is with your local PD. I hope they find it fast, that car does not sound very discrete.
    I wonder if these guys really know what kind of trouble they stole, they should have went for a diamond ring or something a bit less serious.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm sure that they will be working very hard to find your SBR. For some reason, cops tend to look a little harder when a Class III firearm is stolen.

Good Luck to you!

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    thanks guys. Yeah IMPD report made, however not much luck expected in it's return, I loved the thing. I actully hope I'm the one to find the car... As far as APB, I don't think they do that like we expect to see from the movies., as distinctive as this POS was, It can't be hard to find.:ugh:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't even want to comment, but I'm so tired of people stealing what is not theirs! Strongcrow, you did absolutely nothing wrong. The crap that broke you window and stole your property is the one to blame!

Question though, doesn't that store have outside cameras? They should be able to pass something along to the police for a positive ID. I recall a car being hit at Bradis and the the driver took off. They had the whole thing on camera.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Jack,
    Sorry to hear about your loss; I'm hoping that your insurance policy covers it. Got any photos of the gun? It might help some people who are less familiar with your SBR recognize it. If people know what they're looking for, it will help people keep an eye out for one. Since they're fairly rare, the people that stole it will have a hard time shooting it at any range in central Indiana without being spotted.
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

Top Bottom