• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The project took a little bit of trial and error, but we got it figured out today.

Step 1: Create Threads.
    We sent the SR9 to CF Gunworks where they threaded the factory barrel, machined an extension, and lapped it in to the slide.

DSC_2325.jpg

DSC_2328.jpg

Step 2: Add Silencer.
    In this instance we were using a Thompson Machine Isis9 with a TM booster.

DSC_2329.jpg

Step 3: Jam.
    We couldn't get the pistol to kick the slide back even halfway. The pistol and suppressor were cleaned and lubricated per manufacturers instructions. We did a little bit of polishing on the barrel and liberally applied Slide Glide to the rails and some other surfaces. At this point we were managing to stovepipe the empties.

Step 4: New Spring.
    After a little bit of research we couldn't really find many others who had successfully suppressed an SR9 but I found Galloway Precision, who makes springs for them. They stated that the factory weight recoil spring is 18 pounds, and they made a 15 pound spring. We ordered it up and gave the SR9 another try. http://www.gallowayprecision.com/sr9andsr40parts.html

Step 5: Success!
    With the new spring we managed to get the slide cycling all the way, stopping just outside of battery. We've attributed this to being a new spring and a few boxes of WWB should cure that issue.

DSC_2330.jpg

DSC_2335.jpg

Thanks to: CF Gunworks, Brooks from Thompson Machine, Corey at SSNFA, Galloway Precision for all the help!

Last edited:

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So if it works with the SR9, can the SR9c be far behind? What was the cost of the work on the gun?

Also very interested in seeing this on the sr9c model... I probably have another 2 months waiting on my Isis9 approval. Plenty of time to get some work done for a host. ;)

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    The barrel extension ran $200. The new guiderod and spring was $45 shipped. Galloway makes another weight spring for the compact, so I would assume it would work as well.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I really don't have much to report at the moment. Our customer has the gun right now, and I have the suppressor. I haven't heard of any malfunctions with the barrel modification so far.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Any updates on this? I have an SR9 and would like to supress it. If it's not possible, I may just switch to M&P or Glock, as I'm sure it's possible on both of them

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Any updates on this? I have an SR9 and would like to supress it. If it's not possible, I may just switch to M&P or Glock, as I'm sure it's possible on both of them

If you switch, go Glock. I have a M&P that I suppress, and I hate all of the junk that blows back when the gun recoils. The M&P unlocks the barrel really quick, so you get peppered in the face with powder residue. It gets old quick. I'm experimenting with heavier springs to try to retard unlocking while preserving function, but I'm a bit disappointed. Factory weight is 16 lbs. I went to 19 lbs and it seems a bit better, but you still get a face full. I have a 22 and 24 lb spring I'm going to try to see if that'll keep the powder out of my face.

All that to say, go with the Glock. They suppress great, or so I've heard.

Top Bottom