• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so i have a ymh phantom that i run primarly on my ar-15 sbr.

but i have been tossing around the idea of getting into hk rifles

but my question is ( i know next to nothing about there operating system) do they suppress well?
    both in reliablity in and sound perfromance.
    you see alot of suppressed mp5's obviously since its 9mm

but how do the .223 and or the 308 rifles do?
    any issues with hanging a couple pounds on the end of one.

thanks

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I'm assuming you're talking the roller-locked rifles. People suppress them all the time. I would maybe inquire over on hkpro.com. Depending on the specific rifle, you might be better off with a different locking piece to change the timing of the bolt unlock when you run suppressed. I don't know how they suppress sound-wise.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I have a HK93 that I suppress with a Gemtech Halo. It suppresses quite well. It currently has the original locking piece and I might do some more research to see if I can get a different locking piece that takes more force to unlock for suppressor use.

I have seen the HK series of guns that the rollers peen the rails on the impact with the stock if they have too much force on them. I wanted to avoid this on my gun so I have a buffered carrier and a buffered stock to cushion the rearward forces. So far my gun seems to do just fine with no peening. As for the HK91 I have no experience with them suppressed, but I have seen poorly set up HK21 guns destroy a trigger pack so bad it had to be trashed.

In the MP5 10mm guns this peening is unavoidable with both locking pieces. It just happens and the guns seem to run quite well.

Chuck

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    ok cool thanks, im thinking of ether getting a vector rifle in 223 or maybe the pistol 223 and then sbring it.

and if i do sbr it i would want to put my can on it for sure.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Just remember your original question was about HK rifles, not Vector clones or pistol/SBRs being suppressed. There are known quality issues with the clones, and the SBR's shorter barrels not stabilizing the projectiles properly thus causing possible baffle strikes. My personal experiences is that I would not jeopardize a suppressor on a clone or a short barrel if it is not inspected for being concentric with the bore.

If you can afford it get the real deal. You will most likely be happier in the long run and have better value if you decide to sell it in the future.

Good luck.

Chuck

Top Bottom