• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok, we now have a knife forum, so we need the obligatory "Show us your knives!" thread.

Unfortunately I'm at work right now, but I will post mine up when I get home.

Let's see 'em!

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    DSC01974.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    leek.jpg

Considering ordering a pair of KA-BAR TDI knives next week.... but for now, the Kershaw Leek above is the one I carry daily.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    leek.jpg

Considering ordering a pair of KA-BAR TDI knives next week.... but for now, the Kershaw Leek above is the one I carry daily.

The TDI knives are very nice. I carry the large LE version, especially when doing personal protection detail work, but it is just a little too large (7 5/8" overall), even though I am a big guy. I would recommend the medium sized model:

ka1480.jpg

Ka-bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife. 5 5/8" overall. 2 3/8" black powder coated AUS-8A stainless drop point blade. Full tang. Black textured Zytel handles. Black glass filled nylon belt sheath.

They are ordered and should be in stock and available on our website next week if interested.

Regards,

Jim

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Buck Strider
    9v9no9.jpg

CRKT Crawford-Kasper
    jski1k.jpg

CRKT Polkowski-Kasper Companion w/Mercharness
    k9usg1.jpg

Gerber Evo Jr.
    2q321r7.jpg

Ka-Bar TDI
    2aih69t.jpg

SOG Flash I
    21me1j4.jpg

SOG Seal Pup
    i2m361.jpg

SOG Trident
    235e93.jpg

Not pictured:
    Byrd Raven
    Spyderco Endura - waved (current EDC)

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    CRKT Polkowski-Kasper Companion w/Mercharness
    k9usg1.jpg
    Stupid knife...

Story:
    I'm at Evans house and he's showing me this knife as we watch some videos on his computer. I'm checking it out and I slide it back into the sheath. I start watching the screen and try to pull the knife back out. Well it's a tough draw, so I pull a bit harder. The knife comes out of the sheath and right though my left index finger. All Evan heard was, "Oh fu..." He turned around and sees me with blood pouring down my arm. I look at him and go, "Oops. Heh."

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a digital camera but I don't use it much. I need to learn it better, take some pictures of my stuff not only for you guys but for my records also. I'll do that and get pictures for my posts. But back to the thread.....

Stupid Knives? What the heck are you going to use when the gun is empty and you have nothing but empty mags?

Since clubs, knives have always been the last defense. SBD takes on a new meaning doesn't it?

Hey, How about Louisville Sluggers? I love those Bats. Like self protection, sport shooting and hunting we may see the day Baseball will be against the law. No more bats. That ultimate and most brutal of all weapons when in the wrong hands. We all know that bats are nothing more than clubs. Cave Man weapons. What does modern Man need with one. They are only good for one thing. Where in the heck have we heard that before.

Stupid Knives? Heck no. Stupid game of Baseball. LOL Hey I forgot the Golf Club. Stupid game of Golf. LOL

Knives on the other hand are useful tools. It cuts my meat. Slices my bread, vegetables, fruits and wittles my slingshots. Crap, I forgot slingshots.

Stupid slingshots.

Last edited:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Well, here's my baby..

IMG_0005.jpg

Benchmade Stryker. I've had it for many, many years, simply because I haven't found anything I like better that I can afford. This knife literally goes everywhere with me.

My fixed blade knives tend to take a beating, so I like Swamp Rat Knives for that sort of thing. I'd love to have their folder, and it could easily replace my Benchmade, but they're pretty hard to come by..

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    2865674713_29a74baca5.jpg

about as simple and cheap as you can get, but it holds a great edge and gets used mostly for opening boxes :) I think I paid $8 for it at a gas station.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Cubby........DID YOU MAKE THAT HATCHET? :yesway:

I would like to be havin' me one of those! SWEEEEEEEEEET!

the hatchet was made by a good friend of mine. Mike at graymanknives.com ...

Knives

its >.25" 1095 with a lathering of gunkote, for rust prevention. runs about $220 and is a BEAST. i could post up more pics of that car, if you'd like. i also use it for camping..... but that car got beat down.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    the hatchet was made by a good friend of mine. Mike at graymanknives.com ...

Knives

its >.25" 1095 with a lathering of gunkote, for rust prevention. runs about $220 and is a BEAST. i could post up more pics of that car, if you'd like. i also use it for camping..... but that car got beat down.

Thanks!
    I will check it out:rockwoot:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hey cubby do you happen to have a picture of the owner's face when he came back and saw his red car???

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Hey cubby do you happen to have a picture of the owner's face when he came back and saw his red car???

actually, his face was a mix of "you said you'd wait!" and "dammit! i wanted to smash that side!".. we usually shoot the cars up, this one i trashed with the ax..... i left the driver side for him!:ar15::laugh:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Here are a few photos of my semi custom knives, not full custom knives but not production line items either. What do ya think?

First, a knife my Mike Clerc, one of his Coyote knives.

HPIM0717.jpg

HPIM0716.jpg

Second, a Bushcrafter knife by Blind Horse Knives, and one of my current favorite field and woods knives that I have ever had. Great feeling knife for a great price and I recommend them highly. They also have a booth at the 1500 almost every show and are very nice guys. This knife runs about $100 with the sheath and I think that is a bargain.

The last two photos show grips that I had to match, they were nice enough to get me matching wood when my bushcrafter was made, the finish is lighter but I have a second set to make match more closely. I like the finish actually a lot.

McCreek006.jpg

McCreek015.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Top Bottom