How long to wait on Kershaw knife sharpening?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    For those of you who have sent off Kershaw knives (back to Kershaw) for free sharpening, how long did it take to get your knife back?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    For those of you who have sent off Kershaw knives (back to Kershaw) for free sharpening, how long did it take to get your knife back?

Although I can't give you a specific turn around time, I can tell you this, Kershaw has one of the best customer services in the knife business. I would tend to believe that the turn around time would be very reasonable. :twocents:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Mine has been out for a month now (technically less considering the holidays). It's my only pocket knife and I miss the thing. I used it practically every day and with nothing to take it's place I realize how much I used it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    kershaw / zero tolerance it will take 4-6 weeks. depending on the season. they had to fix my spring assist and i just had them sharpen it while they had it and the turn around total was 5 weeks

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Do they cover shipping both ways?

If not, i would highly suggest sending it to Tyler on here. His fee is modest to say the least and he will put the edge better than the factorcy, guaranteed.

Turn time should be much less than 4 weeks if I had to guess from what I have seen.

If I wasn't bound determined to sharpen my own to perfection, he would have all of mine!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

If not, i would highly suggest sending it to Tyler on here. His fee is modest to say the least and he will put the edge better than the factorcy, guaranteed.

Turn time should be much less than 4 weeks if I had to guess from what I have seen.

If I wasn't bound determined to sharpen my own to perfection, he would have all of mine!

Yeah, this.

cranduit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I just sent in a broken Kershaw (Leek missing a torsion bar, yes I broke it but it still worked for the past 4 years). I sent it out on Dec 10th I believe and just got it back on Jan 14th.

When I say got it back though, I didn't really get my knife back, they sent me a brand new one free of charge. Wonderful customer service!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Man...4 to 6 weeks? :dunno: Most of the time it's like a 10 to 14 day turn around time when I have sent knives back to Kershaw. Maybe I have a special status because I'm a dealer. :p More than likely though it's because they are tired of hearing me bit** and whine and just want to shut me up. :D

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011

They cover the shipping back to the owner. The owner pays shipping to Kershaw.

If I don't buy any more knives, and Tyler can do it fast I might consider that. The only downside to Kershaw is waiting for it to come back and having no knife to take it's spot while it is out. For everything I do with it, the factory sharpness has been fantastic. I don't need anything sharper, it would just be a nice luxury to have it back sooner. I'm still not complaining for FREE though. Cost around $3 in postage. I still don't have it back, but I figure it should be coming pretty soon based on the input from others in this thread.

Top Bottom