• ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    THE RAT WORX MRX AUTO:

I had a chance to handle a prototype of one these not long ago, and was impressed and intrigued at the same time. I have a couple of these coming this week. Below is the product description from RAT WORX.

The NEW Rat Worx MRX. The MRX represents four firsts in knife making. 1st, operates on a miniature roller chain. 2nd, blade pivots on a permanently lubricated ball bearing washer system. 3rd, Powered by dual nested right and left hand wound extension springs. 4th, Model name and manufacturer are concealed within the handle for a sterile look. Additionally, it features a machine hollow ground CPM-154 blade, ergonomic contour, natural button placement, and class III hard coat anodized finish. The bearing system provides unparalleled ease of operation. The nested extension springs promise astounding durability. This knife looks as cool closed as it does open. Also comes with zipper pouch as seen in picture. This knife is the next generation of fail safe auto mechanisms that are newly patented and the only knife that features a ball bearing and chainlink automatic mechanism. Includes a LIFETIME WARRANTY, made in the USA.

Specs:
    Blade length: 3.5 inches to the Ricasso, OAL Blade is 4 inches, OAL Length: 8.5 inches including the ergonomic Hammer Hold angle, Handle Length: 4.75 inches to the angle, Closed Length 5 inches to the Angle of the Handle, Finish Mil Spec III Anodized handle. Blade CPM-154, RC Hardness 58. Handle Width: .5 inches. Button Recessed for safety and opening by feel in the dark. Tip up carry closed. The Fit and Finish is perfect and balanced. There is no play at all in this knife. In fact, it comes very close to a custom made finish for the Walk & Talk features of this knife.

MRX-2Tone-Knife_zpsfb82201d.jpg

MRX-BLKTactical-Knife_zps9f43ed83.jpg

Click on the pic to enlarge

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Good lord that's awful big for not being that big of a knife. (that make sense?)

Also: Chances that gunk/crap will be introduced into the innards via the chain...possibly jamming it up?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    ... Chances that gunk/crap will be introduced into the innards via the chain...possibly jamming it up?

I'm relatively new to knives, but have collected a few over the last year or so. I just bought my first two autos recently (since they changed the law here), so perhaps I'm missing something regarding the chain drive. I had the same concerns -- the chain collecting pocket lint, or a little lube soaking into clothes. Seems to me a Rube Goldberg solution to the concept of flipping open a blade. Why complicate it, other than to be different?

Still, an interesting concept and good-looking knife, IMO.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What are the options that cause the price to rise? I like the looks of this one Brad.

When are you going to have them to sell?

Not that I know for sure...

But probably the coatings on the frame, the finish/coating on the blade, blade grind/profile, inlays in the sides of the chassis, etc.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks but I am sure Brad will see this too. I am sure this is the right answer though. Do you also know when he will have them to sell?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    What are the options that cause the price to rise? I like the looks of this one Brad.

When are you going to have them to sell?

Obiviously blade coating will determine pricing. Also, there will be custom versions with inlays which will increase the price.

These are newly released designs and I only have a couple coming (this week) with low serial numbers in the thirties. Depending on how well they are received will determine if I will carry a larger inventory.

Top Bottom