• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I plan to attend my first blade show this year.(plan being the word) Still got my measly single white guy with no kids tax return to spend down there. No hotel yet. But I got a pick-up bed.:) I think im going to do the early bird special to get in 2hrs before most of the crowd. As I will spend most of saturday in the seminars that I can get in too.

Any body else from here heading down?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm going, booked at the Waverly, I just have normal guy early bird passes though!:( Manning the USN table Sunday morning for any USN members out there.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I plan to attend my first blade show this year.(plan being the word) Still got my measly single white guy with no kids tax return to spend down there.

That's bullcrap. I didn't get one of those :(

I'm going, and drinking in large quantities like usual

Hotel booked, passes in the pocket, just debating on getting a rental or not

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    I wanted to go, but it is very close to conflicting w another trip. And I'm going to try to make The Gathering this year... So I'm gonna hoard the knife cash for that.

hoping its in the cards for me next year, though. You guys will have to tell stories!

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    No, the way I understand it is, VIP passes are for businesses that deal in knife and knife related items. To get them I had to send them a copy of my business license and a short bio about my business.

Ahh. A lot of extra perks?

That's bullcrap. I didn't get one of those :(

I'm going, and drinking in large quantities like usual

Hotel booked, passes in the pocket, just debating on getting a rental or not

With $40 a day or more on a rental, I would split the cab ride to and from the airport with somebody.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Still strongly considering going. If I do I will not be booking until a couple weeks before when I know I'm clear at work. It's going to be a game time decision. Really want to tho!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ahh. A lot of extra perks?

With $40 a day or more on a rental, I would split the cab ride to and from the airport with somebody.

I'm driving to Hotlanta, not flying. And I'm picking up 3 people from MA from the Airport. I was planning on taking my car but it would be a little small with 4 people in there with 3 people's luggage.

As for VIP passes, generally they're free, and besides getting into the show at noon, they have no special perks.

Exhibitor passes cost $25 each for people who have booths at the show, if you can get them and have a connection.

I don't think there is any perks with the "VIP Retailer" passes, other than being able to get in at noon on Friday. They may be the same thing as the "early bird passes you are talking about. :dunno:

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, there is the difference.....I have six passes (VIP Retailer) at no charge (Free).

Free, thats the perk:):

I'm driving to Hotlanta, not flying. And I'm picking up 3 people from MA from the Airport. I was planning on taking my car but it would be a little small with 4 people in there with 3 people's luggage.

As for VIP passes, generally they're free, and besides getting into the show at noon, they have no special perks.

Exhibitor passes cost $25 each for people who have booths at the show, if you can get them and have a connection.

Ah. Cant help u there.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am going looking forward to it for sure!!! Been saving up my barley above minimum wage pennies for this for the last 6 months. And I will be at the USN table Saturday 3-4PM. Looking forward to meeting some of my INGO and USN friends this year and if I am lucky maybe scoring a knife or two.

Top Bottom