• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I posted this in Brads Knives thread with no responses hopefully Ill get some help here.

So I picked up an keremerson/emershaw CQC-7k from Brad... Ive never held an emerson, wasnt sure how id feel about the wave feature but I LOVE IT!!!! I cant stop playing it (yea i know how that sounded)

So all you emerson lovers out there help guide me to which emerson model is best for me. I want a chisel grind with the tanto blade. I like the size and hand shape of the CQC-7K, so I looked at the emerson CQC-7 but dont like the straight handle, my next though this maybe the bulldog but wont know for sure will I get several models in my hand.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I really like the 7, it's kind of the signature Emerson blade. I've had all the different variations with the exception of an HD, which I would really like to remedy. Another great option though is the Roadhouse. It's kind of like the CQC-8 and 7 had a baby.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think the CQC22 has the perfect blade but they are scarce. Have you looked at the Kershaw / Emerson collaborations? A good way to try out a different blade profile. Made in Chiner tho...

Have you checked out our website for Emersonphiles? www.usualsuspect.net I'm Big Wave Dave on there. OG Usual Suspect here.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    I love my commander but I've never really played with many others. They do have a model that's basically a commander with a 2-3/4" blade that could be nice if you travel. Brad seems extremely helpful from my previous deals with him, I'd try calling him and ask his advice.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    The Roadhouse might fit the bill. You really can't go wrong with any of them, though. :)

for or a plain ole EDC, my favorite Emerson isn't an Emerson; it's the Spyderco Endura 4 with the wave. That thing has it all, and it's super lightweight.

Anyway,you're hooked now. I second coming over and joining us knuts over at the USN. I've got the same handle there if you wanna hit me up.

Top Bottom