• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Just recently purchase my new Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (all black). I was changing the pocket clip today to carry the knife tip-up and when I went to put one of the screws back into the knife I noticed the threads were stripped off. I cant get it to bite. Any idea where to get these locally? Ive emailed spyderco and also looked on ebay. The ones on ebay are stainless but I need the black ones. I'm guessing a hardware store or hobby shop might have something close enough.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Just recently purchase my new Spyderco Paramilitary 2 (all black). I was changing the pocket clip today to carry the knife tip-up and when I went to put one of the screws back into the knife I noticed the threads were stripped off. I cant get it to bite. Any idea where to get these locally? Ive emailed spyderco and also looked on ebay. The ones on ebay are stainless but I need the black ones. I'm guessing a hardware store or hobby shop might have something close enough.

Just call Spyderco and tell them that the knife was recently purchased, and what happened when you tried to reverse the pocket clip. It's very possible that Spyderco will cover it under warranty, and send you new screws. It's highly unlikely that you will find those screws locally.

Also, when you replace the screws, you will want to use blue Loctite so the screws don't back out on their own.

Spyderco's Phone number: 800-525-7770 or 303-279-8383

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Just call Spyderco and tell them that the knife was recently purchased, and what happened when you tried to reverse the pocket clip. It's very possible that Spyderco will cover it under warranty, and send you new screws. It's highly unlikely that you will find those screws locally.

Also, when you replace the screws, you will want to use blue Loctite so the screws don't back out on their own.

Spyderco's Phone number: 800-525-7770 or 303-279-8383

Thank You sir. I knoew INGO would have the answers I needed. Ive got an email out to them so if I dont hear anything back ill call them.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Upon further review it wasnt the screw that was stripped it was 2 out of the of the screw holes for the tip up carry position (which I prefer) that were stripped. Just decided to chalk it up as a loss and sent it back to BladeHQ for a refund. Oh well..

Top Bottom