• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Yes, but maybe it will send a message to others doing the same and send ripples through that industry. The sale of counterfeit Chinese **** is out of control, and more needs to be done to combat it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Good, I hate counterfits. Its not so much that I hate them, but trying to pass them off as the real deal with logos and all is just wrong.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yep, the line needs drawn somewhere. Good for Spyderco.
    Keep buying the Chinese stuff and give the Chinese more power to make and sell what they want.
    Sorry, but I won't buy Chinese IF at all possible.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Yep, the line needs drawn somewhere. Good for Spyderco.
    Keep buying the Chinese stuff and give the Chinese more power to make and sell what they want.
    Sorry, but I won't buy Chinese IF at all possible.

The origin of country is not the problem. It's the clones, fakes, and counterfeits which most of them are being made in China. There are a lot of legit China producing companies making their own knives, that quite honestly, are as good if not better than anything being made in the USA. Note: I'm referring to production knives...not custom or mid-tech designs. When you get some time take a look at the following companies.... WE Knives, Reate Knives, and Kizer Knives. All of these companies are in China, and they are manufacturing high quality knives, using high quality materials and steels at a price point that beats the hell out of anything made in the USA.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Part of securing our boarder includes the ports of entry. This deceptive red chinese copy crap is of control.

I really don't care if the product is decent quality, fraud is fraud.

One of my hobbies is guitars. There are so many counterfit Gibson guitars out there, you have to really be careful. Some of them look pretty good. If they were stamped "china guitar company", and sold them for fair market value, I would not have much problem. They are stamped "Gibson USA" pretending to be a better quality, and a name with a far higher price and long term value.

I hope President Trump is successful in securing our borders.

Top Bottom