Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

special forces automatic knives

does anyone know or can they send a picture of the auto knives the special forces carry or carried

Ballistic knife....Spetznaz
    Ballistic knife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They really have an auto knife...it launches the blade at an attacker.

I know one model from Benchmade has a national stock number(NSN). This means it is in the supply system. I need to refresh my memory. I don't think there is a standard auto knife for U.S. special forces. I could be wrong.

Umm... I've only met one Soldier (SF type) and he carried an emerson... check out this site and look in their knife section. Professional Soldiers ® - Home I suggest you spent a lot of time reading through the site before registering and asking a question like in this post. Can I ask why your searching for an "SF" Auto?

Knifeholic
    I think the Benchmade AFO (auto) has a NSN. Back in the day when I could buy Benchmade knives, I was accidently shipped a "military" AFO model....it came in a different colored Benchmade box than the regular production knife boxes that are used for the general public. When I was talking with Benchmade, trying to get this straightened out, I asked them about the box color....they said that their knives for the military came in that box color.

i got a couple benchmade auto's when i was in, granted i wasn't special force but they were decent little knives, if you want a auto though get a microtec or something and i am especially fond of the out the front kind like in brads picture by his name

and now for the disclaimer so the Feds don't run up in my spot i don't own any automatics and am not recommending someone buy one cause we know how serious it is lol

I had a benchmade auto open when I was in and I had one made by Gerber(unfortunately I don't have any other info than that). I will tell you, the gerber was slightly bigger, but it was way more durable. I guess it will come down to ergo's and how it feels in your hand.

I'm not sure about federal, but I can tell you here in IN it is a B misdemeanor.
    Warriors act, fools react

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" If they ask what 'Semper fidelis' means, tell them my story", John W. Ripley.

Knifeholic
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    i got a couple benchmade auto's when i was in, granted i wasn't special force but they were decent little knives, if you want a auto though get a microtec or something and i am especially fond of the out the front kind like in brads picture by his name

and now for the disclaimer so the Feds don't run up in my spot i don't own any automatics and am not recommending someone buy one cause we know how serious it is lol
    Microtech makes a great OTF (out the front) auto...but I would not recommend an OTF auto for hard use or for combat/survival conditions. OTF autos in general are not as reliable as the out the side autos....a little dirt, pocket lent...ect. getting inside the workings can keep them from firing or retracting. OTF autos are cool and work fine for light everyday use but for hard use or "life is on the line" situations, go with an out the side. There are several companies besides Microtech that make high quality autos...ProTech, Lone Wolf, Benchmade, Zero Tolerance and others. If I was to pick one company..it's hard to beat the autos from ProTech.

i love protech autos very good knifes for very good prices, and for hard use lol i recommend a fixed blade that way you don't have to worry weather or not the knife opens you already know the deal in a stressful situation

Knifeholic
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt soldier View Post
    i love protech autos very good knifes for very good prices, and for hard use lol i recommend a fixed blade that way you don't have to worry weather or not the knife opens you already know the deal in a stressful situation
    I would have to agree with you 100% on having a fixed blade for hard use over any other type/style of knife, but if your comparing just between an OTF auto & an out the side auto....the out the side is going to be more reliable/durable and less susceptible to firing failures.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast