• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I ave a Glock 19 that I have been using as a suppressor host but just not happy with it.

Soooo, I had hammer on my Government length 9mm Fusion 1911 start to follow the slide down after about 15000 rounds and one thing lead to another.
    This gun was the very first Kit gun I built several years ago and the gun I have put the most rounds through of any gun I have ever owned. I have also experimented on it trying to learn how to use a mill.
    Some things worked OK and some didn't leaving some cosmetic defects on the slide.

I decided to convert it to a Commander and thread the existing barrel and try it out as a suppressor host.
    Progress so far:
    Before pics

Purchased a Caspian Commander slide and I was glad to find that it was oversized and had to be fit to the frame. Afer that I shortened the slide rails and that just left the need to shorten the dust cover.

oh yea, I love bobtail Commanders :)

Shorten barrel and cut some threads

cut for Nighthawk suppressor night sights

might as well do a carry cut

getting close

Still havent decided 100% on a color scheme but I am going to shoot it a bit and do any final tuning first. I have test fired it and it is much nicer to shoot suppressed then the Glock is..To me anyways ( sorry Websnyper) :)

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Still havent decided 100% on a color scheme but I am going to shoot it a bit and do any final tuning first. I have test fired it and it is much nicer to shoot suppressed then the Glock is..To me anyways ( sorry Websnyper) :)

So not that I'm going to go down the supressed route any time soon, but does that mean the 19 might be up in the classifieds soon ? :ingo:

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Man you turned a great gun into a awesome gun. That was the first 1911 I shot that wasn't a 45acp. It is what made me want a 9mm 1911. We need to get together at the range soon.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    So not that I'm going to go down the supressed route any time soon, but does that mean the 19 might be up in the classifieds soon ? :ingo:

Probably not. I have to much money in it with the RMR to ever expect to break even. But stranger things have happened.
    Still makes a great gun I just wonder if a 17 would have been a better host.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Man you turned a great gun into a awesome gun. That was the first 1911 I shot that wasn't a 45acp. It is what made me want a 9mm 1911. We need to get together at the range soon.

It has been a great gun but I am going to like this alot :)
    I am always up for some range time.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Man, I really liked it before. It had one sweet trigger. I'm a little intrigued by the 9mm in a 1911 platform, but am leaning more towards a high cap frame. Too many projects.... but they are all fun ones.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Man, I really liked it before. It had one sweet trigger. I'm a little intrigued by the 9mm in a 1911 platform,but am leaning more towards a high cap frame. Too many projects.... but they are all fun ones.

It just so happens..................

I am going to take the 9 and break it in today so I can go ahead and refinsh and finish it up. I have put a few rounds through it and it runs great so far

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    It just so happens..................

I am going to take the 9 and break it in today so I can go ahead and refinsh and finish it up. I have put a few rounds through it and it runs great so far

When I see red highlighted partial sentences, I get the strange feeling my wallet is going to be lighter...:spend:...then I hear that little voice in the back of my head telling me "You still have a Hi-Power for Allen to work his magic on after the top secret 1911 so no new projects!"...:nono:.... yeah, right!:):

Top Bottom