• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This gun was without a doubt one of the roughest guns I have reconditioned to date in fit and function. very rough, felt like it had sand in it. I am not going into all the details of everything I did but here are some highlights

I have done work in the past for the guy who bought the gun and we talked about it. He didn't want to pass it off to someone else even with full disclosure and taking a hit on it. So he left it with me and I started working up a game plan. It is an older Springfield Armory Lightweight frame with a factory lightened Stainless slide.

First thing I had to do was get it slicked up and functioning smooth then go from there. I did not like the style of serrations that were on it I felt the ran to far forward on the slide so I wanted to decided doing Hi Power style cuts on the from of the slide would help detract from the serrations.
    Another issue to overcome was that the front sight had come off the gun and was MIA. Due to the funky way the slide was cut for the sight replacing it and making it look good would be difficult not to mention getting the correct height sight. So I suggested flat top the slide and put Novak style sights on it.

Here is the before:

Flat top and sights

With sights and Hi Power cut. I did however come back later and make the Hi Power cut deeper, I wasn't satisfied with what is in this pic

Lowered and flared the ejection port

I thought these would look good so I did them

Fit a Wilson BP trigger group and flat MSH

Added Stainless controls and grips, shortened and squared the front dust cover

Refinished it in Tungsten gray Cerakote. I wanted to take advantage of having the looks of a stainless slide so I left a patch showing.

Assembled.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    IBCM - that looks amazing Allen - cant believe its the same gun that was in the first pic - very impressive sir - looking forward to a range report

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    IBCM---funny

Here are a couple targets. only 10 yards shooting unsupported. I had a time correcting ejection issues with the gun but it is smooth and nice now.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The color scheme, the HP cut and the other refinements really come to together on this gun. All of your guns are nice but this one is exceptional.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom