• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    As some of you know, in addition to my wife an I owning Diamond Collision I also dabble in some gunsmithing work and thanks to INGO I have met and done work for a great bunch of people
    My dilemma is having time to do both plus have a family life and I also like to reload and shoot sometimes too.
    So, I have come to the conclusion that I need to start limting the type of work I take in.
    Below is a feeble attempt to reduce the list of the services I wish to contiue to offer.
    these are the most enjoyable to me, and I am still hoping to offer.but It is still pretty long in proportion to the amount of hours in a day, it is subject to change.

1911/ 2011 work pretty much any. Including front strap checkering
    Lathe work. Barrel threading, shortening, crowning etc
    General mill work, slide lightening, Sight cuts, etc. pretty much anything requiring a mil even barrel fluting if I get bored
    Cerakote work
    Engraving when paint work is involved. I cannot engrave through paint

I can no longer accept general gunsmith work and repairs
    Such as old gun repairs, revovler work Ak barrel threading unless the barrel is off the trunion and a varity of other things I cant think of. But it never hurts to ask.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hey Allen, you haven't done any work for me, but in looking through threads you've started to show of some of your work I came across this thread. Just want to let you know how great I think you work is and how much I respect you making your family a priority! Hope all is well.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Allen, your family will thank you for taking extra time off for them and yourself. You'll never see a gravestone that says "If only I had more time for work..."

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Thanks,
    it's not easy for me to cut back because I don't see it as work. Combine an addictive personality with my love for guns and learning new things like how to run a mill and lathe, toss in CNC programming on occasion and I could play all the time.
    Plus it is just hard to say no to things I could do but don't have time for.
    who knows what the future will be, maybe I will have more time in the future. One more solid employee addition to the body shop and I would find myself with more free time on my hands again.

Top Bottom