• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Every significant upgrade comes with teething pains and this one seems to have it's share. Here are some issues that I've seen with the new INGO upgrade.

1- Spambots. I've reported one, but there is at least a second. You can see the details here. Update: I've reported three spambots and they've all been terminated :draw:. Hopefully we won't be seeing any more. Thanks!

2- [STRIKE]Links are not highlighted.[/STRIKE] I'm using Firefox, so it may just be my configuration. However, links in text are not highlighted in any way until you hover over it (like "details here" above). You can easily miss useful info that way. Can you turn on link highlighting by default or is there a way for us to do it? Update: Fixed- Thanks!

3- [STRIKE]The UserCP is now under "Settings" at the top of the page. Really? I wouldn't call those settings at all. Definitely not intuitive[/STRIKE]. (Looks like this has already been fixed) Also, we can't minimize sections of this page that we could before. It would be nice if that was available again.

4- Trivial, but the tab icon for "vB4 default" INGO shows the vBulletin icon. The tab icon for the "mobile" INGO is okay. <-- Thats called a favicon.ico & will change back to the correct one in time.

5- WHOA. Big one. All rep comments and points just disappeared! <-- Done on purpose!

6- The comments after the arrows above are [STRIKE]mod[/STRIKE]admin edits. No problem with the edits, but it didn't show up under "last edited by". Not sure I like this as it allows the [STRIKE]mods[/STRIKE]admins to change the text and it looks like those are my writings. I bolded them to make them stand out. (Note: DanVoils explained that Admin edits don't require last edited by/comments by default).

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will go on record (for what its worth) that this sucks.
    See many members like it bit hey, just an opinion from an old guy that liked the way it was. Now I am wasting my own valuable time to re-learn so I can participate/irritate/and spread rumors and innuendos like I used to.
    Ruined my Sunday morning BS session.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had almost 8 million points. And I want them back...NOW.

:):

I had a nice pile of points as well. None of them from the rep-whore threads either.
    How do we rep a post now. I am not seeing it but it goes with out saying that my google-fu is very weak........................and I do not care..............:laugh:

The system for Reputation was reset on purpose, the system was pointed wrong, thats why you ended up with 8M, to fix it properly, it was totally reset.

So we are all newbies again?????

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor

The system for Reputation was reset on purpose, the system was pointed wrong, thats why you ended up with 8M, to fix it properly, it was totally reset.

@churchmouse <-- I may change your username, if you cant log in, try loudmouth..... :popcorn: and no you cant have any of my pop corn, pop ur own.....

Click the badge next to the report image below your post total.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I was saving those up to buy myself something nice.

stamps4.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

@churchmouse <-- I may change your username, if you cant log in, try loudmouth..... :popcorn: and no you cant have any of my pop corn, pop ur own.....

Click the badge next to the report image below your post total.

1st...I make some great corn. The best IMHO. I will share it.

2nd...If you jump in your car and the interior is a different color and the radio works differently...well....you know, surprise surprise surprise. I am sure this will work out but just expressing in an open forum. I am not the computer wiz kid and change does cause headaches. I have found the aspirin bottle and am much better now. Also coffee....must have coffee.

3rd...thank you for answering my question. I am sure I will have more over the next few days.

4th....I will also share my aspirin if the need arises.......................:):

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    The old advanced search used to have a way to search for posts started by a particular username. This was helpful in finding posts that I had started. I do not see a a comparable way to so that with the new advanced search.

Shootsforfun

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I see we have lost all rep points. is this by design or something else?

My bad guess I should have read all of this post first......lol

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well that sucks. I had 14 million rep points earned the hard way. I was really looking forward to spending those in the INGO store.

I see Infractions didn't go away.

Top Bottom