What do you think of an INGO sub forum for "Ask a Cop or DNR Officer"??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I had this question and asked it here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-dnr-regs-riverbank-property.html#post5196031

I know INGO probably doesn't want to touch the liability of any imperfect legal advice given on this forum, but if we made it clear that this is just a place to get a suggestion or advice on where to lookup the right answer type of forum.

For example, I asked about digging on a river bank to smooth it out and if a DNR Officer saw that they might say something like "That's a no-go and it's restricted because of XYZ". Or, another response may be "I'm not sure, but you can look up this department ABC and ask for Captain Jones and he'd be able to tell you". I'm not trying to make it a legal advice forum, but it may be handy from time to time as much as legal questions pop up on forum like this.

Just a thought.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mgmt has made it clear they want to prevent forum sprawl. Given our fine professionals have stepped up in the break room and other places when asked for their input, I don't think another forum is needed. (How many years did it take to get a gunsmithing forum?)

While it's a nice idea, the pros already do a mighty fine job of answering questions currently if you frame the subject right so I don't think it will happen. (Nor is it necessary)

Its not an unreasonable idea though...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are "ask a cop" forums already, just not here. Given the relative hand full of cops who routinely post here vs the number of questions, along with the lack of any vetting process, I think it'd be overwhelmed with non-cop answers pretty quickly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mgmt has made it clear they want to prevent forum sprawl. Given our fine professionals have stepped up in the break room and other places when asked for their input, I don't think another forum is needed. (How many years did it take to get a gunsmithing forum?)

While it's a nice idea, the pros already do a mighty fine job of answering questions currently if you frame the subject right so I don't think it will happen. (Nor is it necessary)

Its not an unreasonable idea though...

Pretty much covers it.

Top Bottom