What about a weekly ban announcement thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Given that tonight we just had a handful of new bans echoing the handful of bans from a week ago on the same issue, the though crossed my mind that if we had a weekly thread announcing bans (not necessarily naming names) giving mention of each ban and the specific offensive text, it may be sufficiently instructive to prevent this process of those who apparently did not notice by happenstance stumbling into the same situation. It would also serve as a sort of 'case law' by which the rest of us could get a better feel for some boundaries which may not be defined clearly enough for everyone to grasp clearly otherwise.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Given that tonight we just had a handful of new bans echoing the handful of bans from a week ago on the same issue, the though crossed my mind that if we had a weekly thread announcing bans (not necessarily naming names) giving mention of each ban and the specific offensive text, it may be sufficiently instructive to prevent this process of those who apparently did not notice by happenstance stumbling into the same situation. It would also serve as a sort of 'case law' by which the rest of us could get a better feel for some boundaries which may not be defined clearly enough for everyone to grasp clearly otherwise.

Like an "INGO Obituaries"... I like it, but don't see it happening.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Or a new tool under Thread Tools? Or maybe an option under Advanced Search? They would allow you to find posts where the poster was banned after posting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Who got popped while I was asleep.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I saw that.
    When the warning flare is fired get back in you foxhole and shut your piehole.......:dunno:
    Unless there were a bunch deleted, it looks like the warning and bans may have been simultaneous.
    I wonder if there was other stuff (in another thread) going on that triggered the bans in that thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unless there were a bunch deleted, it looks like the warning and bans may have been simultaneous.
    I wonder if there was other stuff (in another thread) going on that triggered the bans in that thread.

These political discussions tend to get heated. I try not to drink and post but many just can not help themselves or so it seems.

Top Bottom