• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    How do I delete images from the uploader? It is full and I am unable to upload images now, but I cannot figure out how to delete them to make room for more.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just tried this, it works fine on my end..

Went to My Profile
    Next to Albums, clicked More
    Chose which Album I wanted to view
    Clicked Edit Photos
    Checked Delete This Photo on each photo I wanted deleted
    Clicked Save Changes

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just tried this, it works fine on my end..

Went to My Profile
    Next to Albums, clicked More
    Chose which Album I wanted to view
    Clicked Edit Photos
    Checked Delete This Photo on each photo I wanted deleted
    Clicked Save Changes

Yes, that deletes the pic from the album, but not from the uploader.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The best I've been able to do to clear the uploader is create a "Junk" sub-folder to dump old upload files in. This at least allows me to add new uploads if desired, but still has nowhere near the function or user-friendliness of Photobucket.

snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If you'd like to host images without having to go to a site and you use Firefox, you can use this addon HERE

Once that's installed, all you have to do is right click on an image you want to share, select Rehost, wait a second and then right click and paste in the block for image.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The best I've been able to do to clear the uploader is create a "Junk" sub-folder to dump old upload files in. This at least allows me to add new uploads if desired, but still has nowhere near the function or user-friendliness of Photobucket.

How do you get them into the "junk" folder. I too created a junk folder after my thread on this exact topic. But I never could figure out how you moved them into the junk folder. I check mark them, right click, but no option to move them.
    Thanks Gunner

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How do you get them into the "junk" folder. I too created a junk folder after my thread on this exact topic. But I never could figure out how you moved them into the junk folder. I check mark them, right click, but no option to move them.
    Thanks Gunner

Check the boxes on all the images you want to move, and drag-and-drop them in the junk folder.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    OK, I have all my un-wanted pics in the junk folder. Was going to delete the junk folder to see if I could permanently delete the pics, but it gave me a message that "all assets would be moved to the parent file". I am assuming the "parent" folder is "home", then I would be back to square one, and have to create a new junk folder, then drag everything back into it.

Thoughts??

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    OK, I have all my un-wanted pics in the junk folder. Was going to delete the junk folder to see if I could permanently delete the pics, but it gave me a message that "all assets would be moved to the parent file". I am assuming the "parent" folder is "home", then I would be back to square one, and have to create a new junk folder, then drag everything back into it.

Thoughts??

Yep. That's why I said "The best I've been able to do to clear the uploader is create a "Junk" sub-folder to dump old upload files in". Haven't found any way to get rid of them completely.

Your best bet, if you insist on not using one of the very user-friendly sites designed solely for conveniently hosting images, is to go to UserCP>General Settings and at the very bottom select "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off". That will completely get rid of the "uploader window" and allow you to upload images directly to your albums.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yep. That's why I said "The best I've been able to do to clear the uploader is create a "Junk" sub-folder to dump old upload files in". Haven't found any way to get rid of them completely.

Your best bet, if you insist on not using one of the very user-friendly sites designed solely for conveniently hosting images, is to go to UserCP>General Settings and at the very bottom select "Enhanced Attachment Uploading off". That will completely get rid of the "uploader window" and allow you to upload images directly to your albums.

I do appreciate all of your help. At least I have the up loader cleaned out for now

Top Bottom