• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    About 2 days ago I quit getting subscribed thread notifications in my email. Any help would be great

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Sorry Allen, but I'm gonna piggyback here. Would it be possible to get the groups set up so that when there is any posting activity, the group members see a notification in the top right, the same way we do for a new rep comment? And if so, is that something that could be considered?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've had this problem a few times. I wish I had good answers for you, but I don't.
    I went back and forth with Scutter about it the first time. He said he had done everything possible, but no joy. Two days later they started back up. Since then, a couple more outages that seemingly solved themselves within a day or three each time.
    Good luck.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Who is your email through?

A while back, my Yahoo! email decided messages from ingunowners.com were spam for some reason and sent them directly to my junk folder. I had to manually remove them from my spam list and then add administrator@ingunowners.com to my contact list. Haven't had any issues since then.

Edit:

I had to do the above through the Yahoo! website and add the contact to my address book there.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry Allen, but I'm gonna piggyback here. Would it be possible to get the groups set up so that when there is any posting activity, the group members see a notification in the top right, the same way we do for a new rep comment? And if so, is that something that could be considered?

With your new mod powers, you should make this happen ;)
    I have submitted this (or similar) for consideration, as I believe our groups are underutilized due to members not knowing (easily) when new posts in groups occur.

As to the OP, as Chez mentions, please check the spam box to see if emails have been marked as spam. Yahoo has been problematic for us in the past.
    I know from personal experience gmail will start marking as spam after so many emails have been trashed without reading them first. If you still have issues, let us know here so we can look into it.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry to have this piggybacked,
    however, thanks to OneBadV8, I discovered that GROUPS can be subscribed to. Better, you can choose the method of notifications. Apparently INGO does not notify a member by default. You have to explicitly subscribe to the group to receive notifications.

Go to your profile, select a group you are a member of, then choose notification method by selecting SUBSCRIBE TO THIS GROUP via the GROUP TOOLS in the upper right.
    ingosubscribe_zpsb31f4a76.jpg

Ya learn something new each day! :)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    With your new mod powers, you should make this happen ;)
    I have submitted this (or similar) for consideration, as I believe our groups are underutilized due to members not knowing (easily) when new posts in groups occur.

Still waiting on the paper work to go through. Ya know technicalities and such.

Thanks for finding that out MaQ! I'd rep you but I firmly believe you are standing between me and my modtatorship

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I didn't even know I had responses to this. I am using at&t. That could be it. I'll check when I get home
    I was thinking it would clear itself up but hasn't. Thanks for the replies

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    OK as far as I can tell yahoo isnt filtering this out. Junk folder only had 4 items. None of which were from INGO. I did add admin email to my contacts though. Also nothing listed under blocked addresses
    Next idea ?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    After some further tests via PM exchange, AllenM wasn't getting any notifications. This is due to either a spam filter/blocker catching it, or AT&T email blocking it.
    Switching email addresses resulted in his receiving notifications again.

If anyone else runs across this issue, please always check your spam box or filters first. It is rare that a service provider will blacklist ingunowners entirely.

Top Bottom