• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hey ingo,

I no longer get post reply notifications or pm notifications.
    I still have the same settings in my user cp that I've always had.

Please and thank you
    God bless
    - Shred

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Are you referring to email notifications, or the online popup notifications?

If email.. check your spam folder and see if your email client started routing them there for some reason

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Nope...Spam folder is just spam.I didnt get an email notification about this reply either.

I dont get the email notifications .....when I log into the site I will still sometimes get the pop up notification about PM's, but I dont get emails.

Please and thank you
    God bless
    -Shred

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    This is the only email address I've had for 15 years.

I didn't get a notification for this reply either...it's only this site that does it.

God bless
    - Shred

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Here is a couple things you can try..

Adding administrator@ingunowners.com to your Contacts and/or VIP list to make sure your ISP/email provider isn't blocking the emails
    Also, double check your spam box again on your e-mail. It's possible that INGO is sending the message but you're not receiving.

Try turning off, then turning back on Notifications again.

We have seen this happen in very rare cases when INGO's mailserver IP address got blacklisted or people reported messages as spam, that cause the mail client and/or ISP to block us.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just wanted to chime in and say this happened to me too. I used to get email notifications about incoming PMs but I no longer get them. I haven't changed anything that i'm aware of and they do not show up in the spam folder. I was recently in the process of selling a few items in the classifieds and was receiving email notifications like always and they just stopped coming.

I tried turning off and turning on the Notification option in user preferences but that didn't work for me.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I added the admin to my contacts...still no notifications.

I turned off my settings, saved, and then turned them back on....nuthin.

God bless
    -Shred

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Still having the same problem here too, Roadie. Btw..thanks for following up on this. Appreciate the effort.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OK, I am going to paraphrase the info I just r'cvd from our Tech Admin..

Everyone who is no longer receiving notification emails, are all using the same email provider.

As mentioned in post #8, it is a case of the email service blacklisting the forum's server as sending spam. It appears to have start at the end of May with a "blocked for abuse" - perhaps because some other member(s) complained that the notification emails were in fact spam.

The server is not in any public blacklists at all. This is all internal to the email service provider, which makes it difficult to combat, especially if it is deliberate because of members here reporting the site.

Best advice for those effected is for them to switch to an email service that is unlikely to take such drastic measures with so little cause... such as gmail. It never does this.

So, in a nutshell, unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our end. Sorry.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I've found that I am having this issue as well. I'm on sbcglobal.net but it is handled through Yahoo.
    I noticed under my subscriptions the boxes won't stay checked for me to get notifications. Maybe they don't need to be checked?????
    I just added the admin email address to my contact list in my cell. I don't have a contact list on yahoo site, at least one I know about. I'll give it a day or two and see if it makes any difference.

Matt

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I've found that I am having this issue as well. I'm on sbcglobal.net but it is handled through Yahoo.
    I noticed under my subscriptions the boxes won't stay checked for me to get notifications. Maybe they don't need to be checked?????
    I just added the admin email address to my contact list in my cell. I don't have a contact list on yahoo site, at least one I know about. I'll give it a day or two and see if it makes any difference.

Matt

I have done the same with both sbcglobal.net and gmail. Still no notifications.

Top Bottom