• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Looking to find input from other what you do about people listing stuff but then dont respond to pm's or emails. Have to say this type of thing has wlways pissed me off. I always gave it a day before responding again to these peeps. What really ticks me off is when i respond an get nothing back, i see these peeps have bump their thread. Recent the one individual has his upper also relisted on armslist an bumped the classy thread on here wn also closed it....really, you cant take the time to be proper an reply back....very irritating...

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Nothing against you personally, but some members may not respond to new members with just enough posts to get into the classifieds. Now if this seller also has the item posted on Armslist, I doubt that is the case.

If he doesn't want to take your money, his loss. Not much the mods can do.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nothing against you personally, but some members may not respond to new members with just enough posts to get into the classifieds. Now if this seller also has the item posted on Armslist, I doubt that is the case.

If he doesn't want to take your money, his loss. Not much the mods can do.

:yesway:

Agree, and again nothing against you personally. I don't put things in the classifieds very often, but when I do I'm very particular as to who I deal with. It depends on several factors. How the person carries themselves on here, their trade history, if they've admitted to criminal activity on here in the past (yes, some have). There is at least one case of stolen valor on the site, I have him blocked and will not deal with him under any circumstances. If someone has a habit of lying and getting caught here. There is a certain member that will will never sell me his Ruger 1911, or anything else, because of the way he's handled things recently. There are certain members that have hit their 50 posts YEARS ago and have camped in the classifieds since then. They don't contribute or take part in any discussions, aren't site supporters let alone carry the vendor status they should for the THOUSANDS of classified posts they have. They using the site for business against the rules. Many of us on here won't deal with them either.

Looking to find input from other what you do about people listing stuff but then dont respond to pm's or emails. Have to say this type of thing has wlways pissed me off. I always gave it a day before responding again to these peeps. What really ticks me off is when i respond an get nothing back, i see these peeps have bump their thread. Recent the one individual has his upper also relisted on armslist an bumped the classy thread on here wn also closed it....really, you cant take the time to be proper an reply back....very irritating...

OP, you are very new to the site and we're still getting a feel for you. Your best bet is to stick around, contribute to conversations, share your knowledge & let us continue to feel you up. You would be surprised how many people on here have actually met other members and are friends outside the site. Trust on here is slow to come, but as long as you do your part it will.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You want the Mods to force someone to talk to you?? Wow.

The 50 quality post requirement is what INGO has setup as an entry requirement for the classifieds. As noted above, individual members are not forced to deal with you at that point. Consider the reputation you are developing as you complain about the classifieds in public.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Yep it happens and it sucks. Happened to me this week. I saw a pistol I wanted and sent a text immediately. No reply. Tried again and no reply. Yeah I wanted the gun but I'm glad I didn't get it because guys like that don't deserve my money.

I think what you can do is post asking if it sold. If you don't get a reply then you can report the post because it probably sold and the ad wasn't closed.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I usually respond to any reasonable PM inquiries and or offers to buy. The key word there is "reasonable"

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    You want the Mods to force someone to talk to you?? Wow.

The 50 quality post requirement is what INGO has setup as an entry requirement for the classifieds. As noted above, individual members are not forced to deal with you at that point. Consider the reputation you are developing as you complain about the classifieds in public.

I disagree with this assessment.

If we are worried about who is in the classifieds, we should be pointing the finger at someone for not replying to an inquiry, not pointing the finger at someone because they don't have many posts. He's met the 50-post requirement.

If someone doesn't want to deal with him, at least a brief response is appropriate.

I don't know that I agree with asking the mods to handle it, but I think that if there is going to be a policy, it should include the expectation that you either respond or close your ad.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I think alot of members here will put something such as: "reasonable offers only, lowball offers will be laughed at and or ignored"
    Post count to me isn't an issue but I will click to see what your posts were to make sure you didn't hurry up and get 50 and snuck in before getting caught. If you have 50 posts and they aren't one linees, I will do business with you.

Not sure why you were ignored OP, it happens :(

Now for a positive note for INGO as a whole, everyone I have bought from, sold to, or traded with were/are very nice people!

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Now for a positive note for INGO as a whole, everyone I have bought from, sold to, or traded with were/are very nice people!

Yes good point! I've bought from 4 INGO members and everyone has been not only honest, but has went out of their way to respond quickly or make it convenient for me to pick up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From what I have seen, some people will post their ad here, on Armslist, 3 or 4 of the FB groups. Then once they get a buyer, they just ignore all of their ads left out there. Pretty inconsiderate but they don't seem to care.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not buy and sell very much here. I have done a fair amount of buying, selling a swapping over the years, the last 12 years on gunbroker. If I do not know a guy and he does not have a real name, a real phone number, and a real address, it is hard to take him seriously. If the guy gives me some information that does not check out, that is the end of communication. Anyone can pick up a tracfone for 5.99 and text anything they want. That does not automatically make them my customer. Those are usually also the ones that offer 50% of book wholesale. The internet is full of scammers fishing for a way to take advantage. Not everybody is polite either. I figured that out when I was about four, just part of life. I have a really good history with most of the people I have done business on INGO, as well as other places.

People also have things come up. I was working a deal with a guy and ended up in the hospital with another heart attack. About a week later, I got in touch with him. The man was ok with the delay. If someone else had sent him the money while I was in the hospital, I would have understood.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I've had a couple transactions, mostly free stuff that I'm clearing out. Nearly all were very pleasant transactions, but there have been two sellers that were less than responsive. One I just didn't understand. I just figured it was on him, poor business practices = no sale. The other was trying to do something fishy IMO. Either way, you're the customer. If they don't act right, spend your money somewhere else.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    There was a guy that had posted several things in the classifieds but wouldn't respond to questions about the gun. I posted in the ad PM sent and within a few minutes I got a PM from a member saying that he had been trying to get in touch with him also, without any success.

I think I even saw a post in someone's ad saying this person will not answer PM's. Not sure if he got an infraction but it was helpful for me to know not to mess with the guy. Is there a reasonable time that it's ok to post in the Ad that they guy isn't answering PM's? Not to bash the guy but to let others know it's not just them.

Top Bottom