• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Sitting down waiting for dinner and reading INGO on my android phone and an ad for an timewaster cell phone game shows up and INGO disappeared and a new window appear end and gave me the old Walmart Gift card spiele.

I tried to back out and it refused to let me do anything but close browser with task manager.

Now the only ad that I'm seeing under the big INGO is some game called "Elvenar". Upper right ads are normal.

This is the first time it has happened on INGO.

Last edited:

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Find out how to create or add to your browser's list of blocked sites. Most browsers have this capability. Then, proceed to populate that list with all the worthess URL's you run into.

No url will ever hold you hostage a second time, or tie up your browser with worthess scripting.

You can block specific url's or while sites. FOr instance, a particular INGO member had a distracting avatar and it was easily blocked with out affecting other INGO content.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've been getting this when surfing INGO on my IPhone. It takes me to a website saying I've won a Kohl's/Walmart/Apple/etc. gift card. I thought maybe it was a virus on my phone but it's only happening on INGO.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Find out how to create or add to your browser's list of blocked sites. Most browsers have this capability. Then, proceed to populate that list with all the worthess URL's you run into.

No url will ever hold you hostage a second time, or tie up your browser with worthess scripting.

You can block specific url's or while sites. FOr instance, a particular INGO member had a distracting avatar and it was easily blocked with out affecting other INGO content.

It's easier to put those that frustrate you so on ignore..

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've been getting this when surfing INGO on my IPhone. It takes me to a website saying I've won a Kohl's/Walmart/Apple/etc. gift card. I thought maybe it was a virus on my phone but it's only happening on INGO.

Download a content blocker for Safari. I use Purify and it stopped this immediately.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Happened again. Exact same ad to the exact same Walmart gift card scam site.

Again only on INGO.

That Evlenar ad or it's host.

Top Bottom