• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redbrush Vs. Daniel Boone which is better?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hi all I have moved and left my happy home with multiply ranges (pistol and a 400yd Rifle) behind. I live in Evansville IN. I am looking at getting a membership to redbrush or Daniel boone Gun club. But do not know which one to go with. So please sound off and tell me you opinion on both or just the one you like and why.

Thanks for helping

Rotor Talker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Greenfield
    Besides Red Brush is a great place!

Been a member there goin on 4 years, been shooting there for almost 10.

Good group of guys, and they allow Full-auto, not for everybody, but for some of us it's the thing!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Both are excellent ranges and are different enough to make it an easy choice as I think they cater to different folks. I belong to Redbrush and shoot often at Daniel Boone with a friend. My humble pros and cons are as follows:

Daniel Boone: Pros - closer to Evansville than Redbrush by about 15 minutes or so, well maintained, small clay thrower on site for general use, good helpful folk and a social atmosphere, frequent pistol and rifle target matches. Cons - Single large bay means lots of cease fires for people to go down range, 200 yard max range, limited bench space for rifles, firing lines at 25yds and 50yds tough to work around for closer pistol shooting, porta-potties.

Redbrush: Pros - large rifle range out to 375 yds with 500 yds opened several times a year, 4-5 seperate pistol bays, up to 100 yards, means often you will have a bay to yourself, movable target stands, bathrooms, anything goes gun wise except no .50 bmg, monthly cowboy, sub-gun, steel, ipsc shoots and weekly steel and bowling pins in april-october, Cons - 25-30 minutes from the east side of Evansville.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    Is the Evansville Gun Club still open?

It was up in southern Gibson County, mostly shotgun and skeet I think.

The Pike county Bird Hunters Club has some shotgun stuff once in awhile from what I have heard also.

:dunno:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    There's WSSC as well.
    Not the longest range, but the people and the shoots make up for it.
    They're taking an extra 100 members next year.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I belong to the Evansville gun club. It is a shotgun range but I heard they may be putting in a pistol range.

they used to have one (a few years ago at least) but harold (the owner) said it was leased to the warrick county sheriff's dept and couldnt be used, and before that it was only open to club members, but all the shotgun ranges are open to the public (or at least they used to be)

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Red Brush is a great club; all clubs mentioned are great but for different reasons.

I live close to Red Brush. Even if I lived on the east side of Evansville I would still consider Red Brush to be the premier gun range based on facility attributes.

It only cost $5.00 a month if performing the work day once a year.

There are plenty of matches to participate in. There are plenty of training programs that use the Red Brush facility and are open to club members and general public (tuition classes.)

Strictly is a nice range but cost $9.00 a half hour or more compared to $5.00 a month at Red Brush. The hours at Red Brush are 6am-10:30pm Sunday-Thursday, and 6am-12am Friday & Saturday and you are supplied the combination to the entrance.

Top Bottom