Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    Glad to see this BP option! I shoot/reload cartridge guns with Goex for CAS shooting: .45 Colt and .44-40 WCF, and 12 Guage BP. I've also been known to fire off a few magazines in my 1991-A1 with .45ACPs reloaded with Goex.

BTW, 2nd Amendment Guns in Whitestown carries Goex. Call them first as they don't carry a lot. IROC, around $18/lb. Pretty pricey, but if you need it and they have it....

ol' poke.

I think a Blackpowder page would be a great addition to this site. I'm always surprised to find out how many people have a muzzleloader sitting around in a safe or closet that's not been used in years and then after a few minutes conversation about it they dig it back out. I'm a big fan of smokepoles and currently own three rifles and one revolver and am always on the lookout for a .32 or .36 cal Kentucky rifle that's in my price range. I usually hit up the spring and fall shoots down in Friendship too.

Ahhh.... kentucky squirrel rifles... makes my little heart pitter patter. I'm also looking at some of the shotguns on GB these days. Lusting, is more like it.
    Stiffy come home! Kutnupe, he's kinder and gentler. But still snarky.

I too enjoy the smell of burnt powder and the calming effect using a muzzleloader has. In the early 80's I made a couple T/C's from kits I got at Galyans. Love to shoot, hate to clean. +1 for a new subforum, maybe a social group if this dosen't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill of Rights View Post
    It's come to the mods' attention that there may be enough demand to warrant the creation of a new subforum for muzzle loaders/black powder firearms. We don't want to create a new area for every specific type of gun out there because it would quickly devolve and make things harder to find rather than easier, however if there is enough demand for it, it's possible. So.... This is where we'll start, with a "sticky" thread. We'll give it a period of time and see how much activity there is and how much demand truly exists for such a forum.

Note that there is no poll. We're not asking to see if you think you'd use it. This is a discussion thread, so.... DISCUSS! What discussions will we be moving to this forum if/when you convince us by the numbers and content that the need is there?

I look forward to seeing what discussions will arise.

Ready? Annnnnnnd..... Go!

Blessings,
    Bill
    Bill, thanks for doing this!
    I am going to suggest that anyone interested in BP, muzzleloaders or cap and ball, go to "thread tools" and subscribe to this thread. Then if anyone starts a stand alone thread on a related topic, anyone spotting it, can drop a link in this thread and we will all see it.
    For example, here is a cap and ball thread I missed until today.

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)_colt_navy_revolver.html" target="_blank">http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu..._revolver.html

Plinker
    What is a good starting muzzleloader. nothing to expensive. id like to stay under 250 if possible. with some ammo

let me know
    thansk

Quote Originally Posted by Dbusby2009 View Post
    What is a good starting muzzleloader. nothing to expensive. id like to stay under 250 if possible. with some ammo

let me know
    thansk
    What type of shooting do you want to do? Are you looking for a primitive type muzzloader, or one of the newer hunting rifles? I don't know much about the newer ones, but I'd be happy to offer what knowledge that I have. You will probably see a ton of the newer hunting type rifles in the classifieds here now that deer season is over, and then again when people are looking to upgrade before next season. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dbusby2009 View Post

let me know
    thansk
    For the money a CVA Wolf starter kit is hard to beat. Got one in my safe now that is a good shooter and dropped several dear with it. You should be able to find em on clearance online now or real soon, as seasons are ending. Best part there is, you can buy muzzle loaders online since no background check is needed.

Let us know what ya get, when you make the jump!

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by DHolder View Post
    I too enjoy the smell of burnt powder and the calming effect using a muzzleloader has. In the early 80's I made a couple T/C's from kits I got at Galyans. Love to shoot, hate to clean. +1 for a new subforum, maybe a social group if this dosen't pan out.
    Maybe the monthly BP shoot at MCFG is a good place to start. I have a T/C Hawken .50 cal cap rifle and my son has a CVA Bobcat capper. Would love to burn some real BP.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesix View Post
    Maybe the monthly BP shoot at MCFG is a good place to start...
    Tell me more!
    Marion county fish and game? Tell me more. Do you have to be a member to attend such an event? I am three hours from Indy when the traffic is light so I'm not real interested in joining but I do have friends around there that visit a couple times a year or so.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast