Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Plinker

selling a handgun.. paperwork?

I was wondering when you sell a hand gun or any gun to another individual what paperwork do you have to do? because if you sell it privitaly isint it still in your name from the origional transaction at the dealer? thanks for any info

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMumz View Post
    I was wondering when you sell a hand gun or any gun to another individual what paperwork do you have to do?
    None.

because if you sell it privitaly isint it still in your name from the origional transaction at the dealer?
    Yes, but just like your "name" is on the original transaction of the bar of soap you bought yesterday.

You don't have to do anything. It is what the mis-informed and Libs and anti-gun folks call the "GUNSHOW LOOPHOLE".

And long may the flag of freedom wave.....Imagine, being able to sell an item that is your personal, private property without asking for the Federal Governments permission.

They are working hard to change that. They haven't done it yet.
    Red Fire 372

Ok, I do not "know" for sure if paperwork needs to be done or not. However, I am willing to take your words that it does not.

Can anyone tell me why the majority of people selling items in the classified section stipulate: "Must be willing to, show Indiana Driver's License, LCTH, and sign a bill of sale"
    "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing." -Thomas Jefferson

Gentleman in the street.... jd4320t's Avatar
    None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Plinker

paperwork when selling a firearm privately

what do you have to do paperwork wise when selling a firearm? wouldent the firearm still be in your name from when you filled out the paperwork at the dealer? is there anything to report to the PD or something so its no longer in your name thanks for any info - Joe

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kick4426 View Post
    Ok, I do not "know" for sure if paperwork needs to be done or not. However, I am willing to take your words that it does not.

Can anyone tell me why the majority of people selling items in the classified section stipulate: "Must be willing to, show Indiana Driver's License, LCTH, and sign a bill of sale"
    because that is the terms the seller is setting..
    the seller can always require more than the law does..

ATM
    Quote Originally Posted by kick4426 View Post
    Many think it "covers" something.

It doesn't.

http://www.appleseedusa.org/

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

The 4473 checks you not the firearm, no gun registraction in Indiana, you can sell a firearm to a non felon Indiana resident over 18 with no paperwork, if you want to CYA you can take it to a FFL and have them do the transfer, most charge for this service

Master
    what do you have to do paperwork wise when selling a firearm? wouldent the firearm still be in your name from when you filled out the paperwork at the dealer? is there anything to report to the PD or something so its no longer in your name thanks for any info - Joe
    see your other thread..
    there is no state database of gun owners.

even if you do paper work, the paper trail from the factory is going to lead to you if the gun is traced..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast