• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I am probably an oddball here, but what was the very first gun you shot? Mine was a .45 caliber muzzleloader. I figure most folks will have BB guns or .22's in the list, but kind of curious what folks got them started. We grew up shooting black powder (ALOT!) and that was what got me started.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Daisy BB gun here.
    The first real powder burning gun was a .22 my neighbor was sighting in while I watched on.
    And he said "You want to give it a try?"

Hooked for life... :thumbsup:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I don't remember the brand, but it was a single shot 20 gauge. I went 5 for 6 shooting skeet the first time ever shooting a gun when I was 14 and have been hooked ever since :rockwoot:

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    The first weapon that I shot was an M-14 rifle... then the M-60 and the M-16. During that vacation... I also leared to shoot a .45 asp (1911) and the .45 asp grease gun. Good times... LOL

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    Daisy Red Rider BB Gun then random rifles, .22lr, .22wmr, and pistols. Oddly enough i don't get hooked on firearms until like 13 years later when someone wanted to trade me a 870 for an engine i had... then within 18 months i had 7 more... Wife kept giving me that "look".

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    It was a Crossman 760 that I got for christmas in 1966 when I was 8 I killed a lot of sparrows and starlings with it,that was a very accurate gun. It finally wore out about 10 yrs. later so I went and bought another one it was a piece of junk you could see the bb curve as it left the gun the quality was horrible compared to the first one. The first real rifle I shot was a remington targetmaster 41 it was a great starter rifle and I got very good at shooting it with open sights.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    16 Ga.

My first was my Grandfathers 16 gauge Bay State. I was about 8 or 9 years old at the time and we were out rabbit hunting (I was the dog). Break action,single shot, 27 inch barrel improved cylinder. I sold that gun at a garage sale in Elkhart,IN in 1996 when we were in the process of moving to South Carolina and I should probably be shot for selling it! Grandpa has been gone for fifty one years now and the gun for fifteen, can't get either of them back. :(

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    When I was 8 in 68', at Christmas time, all the "guys", in my brother in-laws family, would go behind their store Missouri, and shoot at discarded cans of hairspray, and other aerosols, set up along the creek bank behind their store. Mostly 22's, and that was my first time, and where I got hooked, on guns. Since there were 5 brothers, all 19 to 27, the talk was mostly about Vietnam, and who was headed to bootcamp, and where. Even though divorce severed ties, all the boys came back, and their perspectives on things, stuck with me forever.

Top Bottom