• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    This probably should be in the break room area but since it concerns a gun store and its future, I'll post it here.

Talked with Bob, the owner of the gun store "Bite the Bullet" which is in Seymour for those not familiar with it. Bob gave me some very sad news today, he has a severe medical condition that is a great threat to his health and life. For his privacy, I will not release the exact condition publicly but lets just say, its going to be very very tough to beat. He has fought this illness before, but it is back and from what I understand from him is that doctors say its far more aggressive then the previous form. Sadly this may mean that not only is Bob severely sick, but it puts the future of the store up in the air. As of right now, he says no decision on the store's immediate future has been made yet. So for those in the area who have not ever been to Bite the Bullet or met Bob, I recommend getting out there soon and please keep him in your thoughts and if you so believe, your prayers as well.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Bob is a straight up great guy:), I've shoot with him a few times and he's the type that is always ready to help with a problem with a pistol or reloading. I remember when he was sick the last time and hoped that was the end of it. Sometimes life is not fair, Good Luck to a old friend:yesway:

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    I heard about Bob a couple of weeks ago. He's one of the good guys in shooting sports. He's been a competitive shooter at Master level for many years. He does everything he can to get new people involved and promote the sport of competitive shooting. He has been the driving force behind the local range and club for several years and does everything from scheduling matches to mowing the grass.

I enjoy stopping by his shop. He always has time to talk and answer any questions even if you don't buy anything.

I wish him luck in fighting this issue and hope to see him at the range this summer.

Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    Bought my first Wilson from Bob Trueblood. Like the others have posted, he is one of the good guys in shooting sports, and I have always enjoyed my visits to his shop. Prayers for Bob.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    My thought and prayers have been with him and will continue to be with him.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Last time I was in the shop, Bob looked ill. I was worried that something might be wrong and now that I read this thread I am concerned. Bob is a great guy and Bite the Bullet is my favorite shop. I frequently send friends there. Bob is really helpful, especially when working with novice handgun owners. My wife will be upset to hear that he is not doing well.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Really got to know Bob well after shooting with him a lot last season. He hooked me up with all of my reloading stuff and I just a great guy.

He's one tough old Marine that I'm happy to call friend.

Big props to INGOer BigHank for helping them out in the shop.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I only met Bob once a couple of years ago but spent most of the day at his shop telling stories. I had been out of USPSA shooting for several years and Bob was trying to get me involved again by showing me all of the new equipment people are using now a days along with telling stories about some of the guys we both knew. Also I got to meet several locals that hung around the place.

I was hoping to run into Bob at a match this year. A buddy of mine wants me to run down near Seymour to look at a Jeep with him. I agreed I would go if we stopped at Bob's. Does anyone know if he is still open?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, he's been open and was actually at the match this morning for a few minutes, just before we started.

I think this week he'll be out for treatment, so keep him in prayer.

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    God Bless and help him through this. Whenever I get to Seymour it is always the high point of the trip to stop and talk to Bob. Never leave the shop without learning something I did not know before. Our prayers are with him.

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Bite the Bullet

Bite the Bullet will be open tomorrow Saturday the 11th from 10am to 6pm and Sunday afternoon till 5pm. Bob is doing well and should be up for visitors.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I wish you nothing but the best my friend and Brother.
    We will begin prayers and request prayers at church and from others.

Top Bottom