Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Plinker

How to keep your Trunk Gun safe?

Background information: I work in the center of downtown approximately 15 miles away from my home.

My parking garage is approximately 50 yards from door to work.

In a worst case scenario, I would like to keep a long gun in my trunk because a handgun might not suffice to get me home.

What sort of trunk gun do you keep with you?

How do you keep it secure?

Is there such a thing as a safe or gun cabinet that can be mounted inside a trunk?

I have a functions WASR that I love but don't have much invested in, would you keep this in your trunk?

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTree View Post
    Background information: I work in the center of downtown approximately 15 miles away from my home.

My parking garage is approximately 50 yards from door to work.

In a worst case scenario, I would like to keep a long gun in my trunk because a handgun might not suffice to get me home.

What sort of trunk gun do you keep with you?

How do you keep it secure?

Is there such a thing as a safe or gun cabinet that can be mounted inside a trunk?

I have a functions WASR that I love but don't have much invested in, would you keep this in your trunk?
    I used to have a AK-47 under my rear seat, but I figured that would freak-out the police, So now I have a MAVRICK 88 12 GAUGE shotgun, that way the po-po won't have to worry about me

Shooter
    Gosh. You guys are.. hardcore.

I havent yet felt the need for rifles in the trunk, or toting around a safe in my back seat.

My CCW I can explain to the police, an unsecured AK in the trunk........

What's wrong with carrying your EDC and maybe a BUG, with extra ammo in your vehicle?

Do you really NEED to keep a long gun in your vehicle?
    Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by dom1104 View Post

I havent yet felt the need for rifles in the trunk, or toting around a safe in my back seat.

I forgot to mention, I also carry two 25 round boxes of #4 shot for the shotgun & 100 rounds of 9 MM for my CZ-75 handgun

i don't understand this statement...you don't have to explain to anyone why you have an unsecured AK in your trunk.
    This is What I live For!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RealTree View Post
    Yes there is. <- This link is for real.

The following picture of how I store my trunk gun is not:

Why would feel the need to explain the AK? If it is in your trunk, they will not see it unless you show it to them. Repeat after me...Officer, I do not consent to a search of my person or my vehicle. Just keep saying that until they stop trying to violate your rights and leave.
    The problems in America today are due to the people that work for a living now being outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by gunman41mag View Post
    I forgot to mention, I also carry two 25 round boxes of #4 shot for the shotgun & 100 rounds of 9 MM for my CZ-75 handgun
    Dont take this the wrong way, I am not "Anti-Shotgun in the back seat" or anything, I am just trying to get the mindset.

I can think of 3 reasons someone would need a gun while in the car.

1. Someone else is trying to kill you.

2. You are trying to kill something.

3. You have the sudden urge to shoot skeet with #4 shot.

So....

Number 1. If someone is trying to kill you, do you think you will have time to get to your shotgun? How will you explain being able to deploy a shotgun in self defense to the court, instead of using your CCW? Not to mention the 100+ rounds of 9mm and 50 shotgun rounds.

Number 2. I imagine, if you are a farmer or something, and some coyote needs killing as you drive past your 80 acres... but these days thats pretty unusual.

Number 3. Wrong shot size

In my opinion, the way things sit at this moment, here in Indiana, having an excess of firearms and ammunition in your vehicle is more of a liability than a benefit. I REPEAT, this is not because of the excess of liability, but more from the limited BENEFIT it would provide.

Again, just my

Shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by iwearcowboyboots View Post
    Yes there is. <- This link is for real.

The following picture of how I store my trunk gun is not:

There is no room for ammo A gun without ammo is nothing more than a heavy paper weight

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast