• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tb8520

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    SONS OF GUNS

This is now my new favorite show. That is next to sons of anarchy. This guy from red jacket is very knowledgeable. Great show.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Meh...the double m-16 thing is retarded IMO. why not mount a M249 SAW. Same amount of ammo and you can come up with some way to dismount it and use it off the boat. You can't take off two m-16's hooked up to a water cooling system very easily if you need to I suspect.
    And that F*C*ing annoying a$$ daughter needs to not open her mouth anymore.
    Im still going to DVR every episode because it is a badass show...some things just annoy me about it

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    SOG

I agree it is a great show. I was really surprised that the AR gas tube got hot enough to turn cherry red...700 + degrees... after 300 rounds! Wrapping the barrel/gas tube with copper tubing and running water through it for cooling was a darn good idea.

They come up with some cool gun projects and they do like to shoot and blow things up.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Wow! Double m16 watercooled on a swivel. All I can say is AWESOME

For military application, It is a horrible idea. why on earth would you want something like that on a patrol boat? Their "Special Forces" guy kind of reminded me of their "Security Contractor"....both nothing more than BS.

Bet they have the "market cornered" with their Dual 16's though....its going to be an "industry game changer" wonder why nobody ever thought of it before

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For military application, It is a horrible idea. why on earth would you want something like that on a patrol boat? Their "Special Forces" guy kind of reminded me of their "Security Contractor"....both nothing more than BS.

Bet they have the "market cornered" with their Dual 16's though....its going to be an "industry game changer" wonder why nobody ever thought of it before
    I'm just wondering how staged the episode was. Both of the miltary guys looked wrong. The older LT. guy's BDU looked 2 or 3 generations out of date, I just deleted the episode, but I don't think the other guy was ever in uniform. Only reason I could think of for doing that would be if you are in a small boat like they had and it would not support 2 SAWs Any way I always thought something like that would be cool for my SHTF vehicle even if they are only semi-autos. :ar15:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    (bangs head on desk)

Yeesh... of COURSE it's staged!! Judas H. Priest in a beat up Volkswagen!!!! Let's apply some common sense here. You think that the producers are going to want to show the real day-to-day grinding out of killer S-12's, integrally-suppressed AK's, etc? That would be cool but the sheeple would be yawning by the second episode.

So why do you ask, does Mr. Will Hayden do it??? Duh... You now know the Red Jacket Firearms name. And many of you didn't before! I would wager that he was not that well known outside of the AK/Saiga community (and amongst Jarheads). Now everyone knows him. THAT is a small business doing it right. But the price he pays for that free exposure (arguably worth millions) is that the producers get to run the show. And Will gets to clear up any misconceptions that people may get from any producer-induced inaccuracy - and there's plenty of that.

My guess is that Will and Steph are laughing all of the way to the bank. And good for them. That's the kind of small business success that America needs more of. Ask most small business folks if they'd make that trade. Yup. But the day-to-day life of a software geek like me is way too boring for reality tv.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    (bangs head on desk)

Yeesh... of COURSE it's staged!! Judas H. Priest in a beat up Volkswagen!!!! Let's apply some common sense here. You think that the producers are going to want to show the real day-to-day grinding out of killer S-12's, integrally-suppressed AK's, etc? That would be cool but the sheeple would be yawning by the second episode.

So why do you ask, does Mr. Will Hayden do it??? Duh... You now know the Red Jacket Firearms name. And many of you didn't before! I would wager that he was not that well known outside of the AK/Saiga community (and amongst Jarheads). Now everyone knows him. THAT is a small business doing it right. But the price he pays for that free exposure (arguably worth millions) is that the producers get to run the show. And Will gets to clear up any misconceptions that people may get from any producer-induced inaccuracy - and there's plenty of that.

My guess is that Will and Steph are laughing all of the way to the bank. And good for them. That's the kind of small business success that America needs more of. Ask most small business folks if they'd make that trade. Yup. But the day-to-day life of a software geek like me is way too boring for reality tv.

Well said! :yesway:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That extremely hyper d-bag Chris needs to be hit in the face with a sledge hammer. That guy is about worthless and I'm not really sure how anyone can get work done around him. He seems to be 3/4 retarded and Steph seems like she is missing more than one chromosome. I saw someone mention that she was cute in another thread and I immediately threw up several times. That said, some of their shotguns are pretty sweet and a couple of the morons they have working in the shop prove that anyone can work on a firearm. I feel bad for Vince with the stupidity he has to put up with by having Charlie and Chris around.

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would marry Steph just to have access to all of those cool toys. (I hope my wife doesn't read this).

lol. if she does read your post it may have been cheaper to obtain a class 2 or 3 license and stocked up on some inventory!

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    How about the coffee grinder in the butt-stock of that civil war rifle. The rifle in question turned out to be a fake, but what a great idea. You think our military leaders didn't look at that and take notice? That was a great idea from 150 years ago folks.

Like most "reality" based shows there is a lot of editing involved..., that's just the way it is. I used to watch dudes making choppers (Orange County Chopper, Father/Son publicity stunt)..., but not so much any more because I'm not in to bikes so much..., but it was entertaining.

Red Jacket is the same B.S., but it's about guns.., which is kind of cool. Even if you hate the show, you might pick up something. And I had no idea a gas tube would glow red like that after a mag dump..., and if you are honest, you didn't either.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    love that show. How did they not burn out the rifling in the barrel by getting it that hot?

Top Bottom