Need a good gunsmith in the Fort Wayne area.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    A buddy of mine has a rifle that he wanted some mods to with a gunsmith here in Fort Wayne. I was the guy who recommended this gunsmith to my coworker and at this point the gunsmith has had it for over 4 months and isn't answering his calls. He's going through some health problems and he's a good man, but as much as I feel for the guy over 4 months is getting to be a long time for adding a sling stud and some other misc work.

My coworker needs to get this rifle done so I told him I'd ask online and see what or who people would recommend.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A buddy of mine has a rifle that he wanted some mods to with a gunsmith here in Fort Wayne. I was the guy who recommended this gunsmith to my coworker and at this point the gunsmith has had it for over 4 months and isn't answering his calls. He's going through some health problems and he's a good man, but as much as I feel for the guy over 4 months is getting to be a long time for adding a sling stud and some other misc work.

My coworker needs to get this rifle done so I told him I'd ask online and see what or who people would recommend.

There's a guy named Jerry Johnson in Churubusco, if you want to go that far.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Entire thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/72407-gunsmith_recomendations_near_fort_wayne.html

I recommend DAVID SCHWARZE 2527 CRESCENT AVE FORT WAYNE, IN 46825 260.484.5783

I don't think you are aware, but Dave Schwartze passed away last week. There is a thread at: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...7-fort_wayne_gunsmith_dave_schwartze_rip.html

There is also a post stating that if you have any weapons at his shop, you need to make arrangements to pick them up ASAP, before they are disposed of.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Damn. I didn't know Dave died. That's who I've been working with for years and that's who my buddy has his gun with right now based on my recommendation of him. I read the other threads and PM'd Jetgirl on how to go about picking up the parts and pieces of my coworkers gun. That's really sad news for me. I'm going to miss my talks I had with Dave. He was a good man.

Top Bottom