Grandmaster

Need a good gunsmith in the Fort Wayne area.

A buddy of mine has a rifle that he wanted some mods to with a gunsmith here in Fort Wayne. I was the guy who recommended this gunsmith to my coworker and at this point the gunsmith has had it for over 4 months and isn't answering his calls. He's going through some health problems and he's a good man, but as much as I feel for the guy over 4 months is getting to be a long time for adding a sling stud and some other misc work.

My coworker needs to get this rifle done so I told him I'd ask online and see what or who people would recommend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    A buddy of mine has a rifle that he wanted some mods to with a gunsmith here in Fort Wayne. I was the guy who recommended this gunsmith to my coworker and at this point the gunsmith has had it for over 4 months and isn't answering his calls. He's going through some health problems and he's a good man, but as much as I feel for the guy over 4 months is getting to be a long time for adding a sling stud and some other misc work.

My coworker needs to get this rifle done so I told him I'd ask online and see what or who people would recommend.
    There's a guy named Jerry Johnson in Churubusco, if you want to go that far.

At the boolit casting or reloading bench.
    Entire thread here: http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...ort_wayne.html

I recommend DAVID SCHWARZE 2527 CRESCENT AVE FORT WAYNE, IN 46825 260.484.5783
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further brotherhood of a man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    Entire thread here: http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...ort_wayne.html

I recommend DAVID SCHWARZE 2527 CRESCENT AVE FORT WAYNE, IN 46825 260.484.5783
    I don't think you are aware, but Dave Schwartze passed away last week. There is a thread at: http://ingunowners.com/forums/break_...artze_rip.html

There is also a post stating that if you have any weapons at his shop, you need to make arrangements to pick them up ASAP, before they are disposed of.
    Last edited by Dave Doehrman; 05-10-2011 at 09:41. Reason: korected sum speeling airers
    Home Is Where You Dig It - Khe Sanh 67-68
    http://www.khesanh.com

Unfortuanately, Dave passed a week or so ago. I never would of known it if there wasn't a thead last week with the info. Never did see the obiturary in the Ft. Wayne paper.

Click here: Fort Wayne Gunsmith Dave Schwartze RIP - INGunOwners
    Semper Fi USMC 1983-87

Grandmaster
    Damn. I didn't know Dave died. That's who I've been working with for years and that's who my buddy has his gun with right now based on my recommendation of him. I read the other threads and PM'd Jetgirl on how to go about picking up the parts and pieces of my coworkers gun. That's really sad news for me. I'm going to miss my talks I had with Dave. He was a good man.

At the boolit casting or reloading bench.
    Oh dang...I didn't catch that thread. This saddens me, he was a good guy, very likeable and interesting to talk to. He would always spend time answering any question that I had. RIP
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further brotherhood of a man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

Anybody with firearms at Dave Schwarze's shop need to be there this Saturday, the 14th to retrieve their property.
    Red Fire 372

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by sloughfoot View Post
    Anybody with firearms at Dave Schwarze's shop need to be there this Saturday, the 14th to retrieve their property.

Any time?

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    Any time?
    PM sent with contact info, but I'm sure that anytime between 1000 and 1400, Greg will be there.
    Red Fire 372