• Status
    Not open for further replies.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    Guns stolen from my vehicle at Indiana state fairgrounds on 12 August 2011 between 1:30pm and 6:30pm:

Glock 27.
    Two 9 round magazines for G27
    all black finish, factory sights
    S/N : RUB063

Keltec Sub2000 in 40 S&W (takes glock magazines)
    Five 15 round magazines for G22(and keltecsub2k)
    all black finish
    S/N: E4V59

Keltec P3AT (.380 cal)
    Two 6 round magazines for P3AT
    Hard chrome slide, black grip
    S/N: JNP82

EAA Windicator 6 shot revolver (.357 Magnum)
    Two 6 round HKS brand speedloaders for Windicator
    Black finish, black rubber grips, 2 inch barrel.
    S/N: 1080289

Please keep your eyes open for my stuff guys. you can contact me at two6oh 4oh9 four seven sixtysix. I may update this thread more as more details occur to me. thanks, Brian Herber

Edit: will add serials asap. they are in the police report, and written down at my girl's apartment where i'm staying right now, i just didn't have them with me when i had internet access. thanks to every one who is trying to help instead of run me down like i'm some kind of idiot. the doors were locked.

Edit: I was parked in the lot across 38th from the expo hall and the west pavilion.
    Edit: SN's added.
    Edit: ISP Detective Robert May, office phone (765) 778-2121, email bmay@isp.in.gov

Last edited:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    The faster you can post the serial numbers, the better. You should also call all of the local gun & pawn shops immediately and give them a description and serial number. If their intent is to convert these guns into cash, they will try to do so very quickly. It may have already happened.

The final observation is that there is no possible justification for having 4 guns in your vehicle. Guns should be carried on your person. Period. I can possibly see 1 gun, given your location. 4 guns? No justification.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Also, share with members where they were located in your vehicle and how they were hidden/secured to discuss and learn from possible mistakes. Check armslist there was an EAA posted today 357, but it says he's in Ft. Wayne.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    The final observation is that there is no possible justification for having 4 guns in your vehicle. Guns should be carried on your person. Period. I can possibly see 1 gun, given your location. 4 guns? No justification.

That's kind of what I thought. Knowing the area around the fair grounds I don't like leaving even one gun in the vehicle, but it is illegal to carry into the fair. That is also why I would like him to post specifics on location of vehicle, location of firearms in vehicle, if they could be seen through the window/etc, and also how they got into the vehicle....providing all this information will allow people to learn from experience even if it does suck for the OP.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Herby, same advice I give to everyone with this problem, ensure you get your serial numbers to the PD as soon as possible. The serial numbers will go into a national database so if a police officer comes across them anywhere in the US and checks the serial number, it will pop up as stolen. Please ensure you do this ASAP

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I always lock my vehicle too, which I thought everyone did especially off 38th st. This is another reason why I would like more specifics from OP

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Come on. He's the victim of a crime. Did nothing wrong by having 4 guns in his vehicle (may be overkill, but nothing wrong with it). I'm not gonna punish the victim.

I hope to see them caught trying to pawn them and OP gets his merchandise back. And the perp spends some time with his new best friend Bubba.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Come on. He's the victim of a crime. Did nothing wrong by having 4 guns in his vehicle (may be overkill, but nothing wrong with it). I'm not gonna punish the victim.

I hope to see them caught trying to pawn them and OP gets his merchandise back. And the perp spends some time with his new best friend Bubba.

Agree. No need to kick him while he's down.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This guy sounds prepared. Nothing at all wrong with carrying only four guns. Hell they were all only pistol caliber. Would you give me **** for carrying a shotgun and an AK or AR in my vehicle?

This thread reminds me I need to write down my serial numbers...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The faster you can post the serial numbers, the better. You should also call all of the local gun & pawn shops immediately and give them a description and serial number. If their intent is to convert these guns into cash, they will try to do so very quickly. It may have already happened.

If he was at the Fair grounds on the 12th that is during the State Fair and it would have been illegal for him to carry even one of them. Leaving them in his car (or not bringing them at all) was his best choice and the only legal one he had.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Guns stolen from my vehicle at Indiana state fairgrounds on 12 August 2011 between 1:30pm and 6:30pm:

Glock 27.
    Two 9 round magazines for G27
    all black finish, factory sights

Keltec Sub2000 in 40 S&W (takes glock magazines)
    Five 15 round magazines for G22(and keltecsub2k)
    all black finish

Keltec P3AT (.380 cal)
    Two 6 round magazines for P3AT
    Hard chrome slide, black grip

EAA Windicator 6 shot revolver (.357 Magnum)
    Two 6 round HKS brand speedloaders for Windicator
    Black finish, black rubber grips, 2 inch barrel.

Please keep your eyes open for my stuff guys. you can contact me at two6oh 4oh9 four seven sixtysix. I may update this thread more as more details occur to me. thanks, Brian Herber

Will do! Post serial numbers if you have them!

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    If he was at the Fair grounds on the 12th that is during the State Fair and it would have been illegal for him to carry even one of them. Leaving them in his car (or not bringing them at all) was his best choice and the only legal one he had.

I can possibly see 1 gun, given your location...

I guess you missed this part.

There's no justification for having 4 guns in his vehicle. Period. I'm not sure what part of that anyone is having trouble understanding. Being a responsible gun owner, by definition, means you are responsible. This isn't rocket science, folks. If you want the right, accept the responsibility.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    I guess you missed this part.

There's no justification for having 4 guns in his vehicle. Period. I'm not sure what part of that anyone is having trouble understanding. Being a responsible gun owner, by definition, means you are responsible. This isn't rocket science, folks. If you want the right, accept the responsibility.

Period??? Your Range trips must lack variety if they always involve 3 guns or less... I was a very irresponsible gun owner on my way to Hush... I had 3 times that many and an equal amount of suppressors in my vehicle... :nono: Actually, Guns/Ballistics do fall under rocket science...:): I don't think the OP tried to deny responsibility, He just asked INGO members to keep an eye out for them... I think they all understand perfectly and decided to show compassion for a fellow gun owner that just lost 4 guns to a thief instead of the way you showed compASSion by playing Monday Morning Quarterback...

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Period??? Your Range trips must lack variety if they always involve 3 guns or less... I was a very irresponsible gun owner on my way to Hush... I had 3 times that many and an equal amount of suppressors in my vehicle... :nono: Actually, Guns/Ballistics do fall under rocket science...:): I don't think the OP tried to deny responsibility, He just asked INGO members to keep an eye out for them... I think they all understand perfectly and decided to show compassion for a fellow gun owner that just lost 4 guns to a thief instead of the way you showed compASSion by playing Monday Morning Quarterback...

Such youthful confusion. I'll try, one more time, to help....

He wasn't on the way to a "range trip." He was going to the Indiana State Fair. On 38th St. In an unguarded parking lot. Does the term "statistical probability" have any meaning for you?

Compassion? I think you're indeed confused. While we can all be on the lookout for the guns (the one for which the OP has still not posted serial numbers....), there is no "compassion" called for here. The OP screwed up. Individual responsibility....I already asked in the last post. What part of that don't you understand? If you're going to take 4 handguns to the Indiana State Fair to leave in the parking lot, don't come here lookin for compassion. It won't be found.

I understand that some people grasp things more easily than others. This one, however, isn't difficult. For anyone who is going to possess a firearm, it's an easy one to understand. You don't take 4 guns to the Indiana State Fair and leave them in your car. Responsible gun ownership......

Did that help? Do you truly not get this? I can't make it any easier. If this is truly your level of understanding, seek out someone in your orb who is older and wiser and have them explain this to you. Do so before you even think of carrying a gun.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Post these numbers asap a marine buddy of mine recovered one of his SA 1911's this way using a forum the guy was selling it off armslist a guy look at it...realized it was under priced told the police and was able to contact my buddy.... took almost a year but he got it back

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom