Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Worlds Largest and Oldest Gun Collection.

Body piercings by RUGER!

Plinker
    I have been there a few times. Its a really cool musuem and well worth visiting.

I've posted about that a few times over the last few years...

It really is pretty cool.

It's been YEARS since I've been there though. Has it moved, or is it still in the basement of the city building? (thought it was going to the new museum on the far south side of town on 35?)

Anyhow, last I was there, the cataloging system / display cards on the firearms was absolutely horrendous.

Typed out text (often quite minimal) on copier paper, then cut into squares and pinned to the backing.

If I lived a lot closer, I'd volunteer my time to help preserve, research, and better display the pieces.

That said, I doubt that it's the world's largest... Probably in the top 1% largest private collections. As far as oldest: Who knows. I do remember that the newest firearm in that collection is still quite an antique by today's standards.

If you're interested in another FANTASTIC firearms museum, head to Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park. Go to the park office and go into the Fuller Arms Collection. It is, simply, absolutely amazing.

Almost pristine examples of EVERY type of rifle ever shouldered by an American from the Revolution, through the civil war (Confederate & Union examples), up to and including WWII. It's stunning.

-J-

Plinker
    It is in the museum on the south side of town. Decent amount of cars in the museum for its size. I haven't been in a few years, but it is well worth the trip.

Plinker
    Why are they handling the guns with no gloves.

didn't know about this. I'm gonna have to plan a road trip.
    I can afford to be narrow minded, I'm RIGHT!

Originally Posted by Scutter01 http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    We don't generally like to recommend murder and arson to solve marital problems.

I can't see the video on my I-pad

Moosebag,

Thank you for posting this!

I did not know about it and you have just added a stop on my vacation road trip.

Regards,

Doug
    "The new tyranny in America will not come from armies on the streets but rather from an increasingly meddling bureaucracy interfering in the day to day lives of its citizens" - Paraphrase Alexis De Tocqueville

To better view these boards go into your UserCP, on the left go to General Settings, then go down to "thread display options" and set it for 40 posts instead of 10. This way you won't have as many pages to flip through. Hope this helps!

can't break the value "code"? really?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

No one loves bacon like a pig.

One Law

four rules

Very impressive and priceless!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast