• ...and so much more!
  • gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Guys.

I am looking for a gun range to join in central Indiana. I am living in Indianapolis and am fine with driving an hour+.

Here is what i am looking for.

• 100+ yard rifle range
    • rifle capapble
    • pistol range
    • ability to shoot steel targets or other non-paper targets.
    • shot gun capable
    Does this even exist?

Thanks-

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Guys.

I am looking for a gun range to join in central Indiana. I am living in Indianapolis and am fine with driving an hour+.

Here is what i am looking for.

• 100+ yard rifle range
    • rifle capapble
    • pistol range
      [STRIKE]
    • ability to shoot steel targets or other non-paper targets.[/STRIKE]
    • shot gun capable
    Does this even exist?

Thanks-

Atterbury Shooting Complex

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You and me both sir. I am new to the Indy area, and I have still yet to find a nice rifle range. There is the Fall Creek Conservation Club up around Anderson, little drive. My uncle is a member there, and they have 25/50/100 for rifles and a little 7 yarder for pistols. No steel, just paper. Its ok, just don't like the drive.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Riely Consevation Club just outside of Terre Haute. Pistol bays and a Rifle range out to over 200. If you want to go long range, Hillside Shooting Sports outside of Ft. Wayne. Pistol bays with steel and a rifle range with steel out to 1000 yards. Open to the public. Free range is Crosley FWA range down by North Vernon. Paper only, but rifle and pistol ranges of 15, 30, 50,100, and 200 yards as well as a shotgun area for throwing clays.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I was there as a guest once. It is a nice range. I don't know about all the range rules, as it was a day in which the range was shut down for this special event. I live on the southeast side of Indy and it was about 1:20-1:30. Above post edited to include other ranges.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow, thats nice. Not that I personally own one, but something I have looked into for a future purchase. Either buying an upper or just going the whole kit.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    It's interesting that there isn't anything close to Indy. So what do all the Indy guys do to shoot rifles?

We shoot pistol caliber rifles or travel a long ways.

or we suffice with the paper targets and hit Atterbury.

I think there is a place called Don's Guns or something. ;) I think they do rifles? If you were unable to leave town, but still paper targets.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It's interesting that there isn't anything close to Indy. So what do all the Indy guys do to shoot rifles?
    A friend and I have been doing the "footwork" on trying to change that and bring a better range to the Indy area. It takes a lot of time, planning, etc but be patient. The biggest problem is finding suitable land within a relatively close distance. We were initially trying to stay in Marion County, but the lack of land may force us out so we have just begun to browse around surrounding counties for suitable ground. We will allow rifles, would like to have 100yds but that depends on the land (may have to suffice with 50 yds.) Eventually, we would like to allow "tactical" shooting on designated ranges, to include up to 3 shot bursts (failure drills, etc), transitions, firing from holsters, shooting OM, etc. A designated safety class will be required for anyone wishing to take part in those activities and this will be a separated area from other range lanes where people may just want a quiet day on a static firing line. Be patient, it will come. :D

Last edited:

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    Well there was the "We the people gun club" that the Cheeks of Plainfield shooting supplies were building. But i think that it never made it due to regulation issues. That would have been amazing.

Bigc177

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Westside of Indy
    DCC

What about Danville Conservation Club? It's close to Indy (Hendricks County), and you can shoot pretty much anything, but 50 BMG. I've been kicking it around about joining out there...

Top Bottom