• ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Contest Dates: 9/1/2012 - 9/30/2012. Winner will be announced 10/08/2012

Eligibility: All registered members of INGO. (no admins or mods)

About the contest: Show us where you shoot by documenting a day in September 2012 at "your range". This might be a local range (indoor or outdoor) or your "backyard". Tell us all about it. Detail your entire day at the range and post plenty of pictures showing everything from the entrance to the parking lot to the pricing etc. What did you bring to shoot? Who came with you? We are looking for a post that shows everything about where you shoot and details for other INGOers!

How to enter:

1. Start a new thread in this forum and title it as shown below

Name of Range City State - Your Username

examples

Marion County Fish and Game Indianapolis, Indiana - VUPDBlue

Wilbur Wright Shooting Range New Castle, Indiana - Fenway

My Woods Brown County, Indiana - lovemywoods

2. Show us your day at the range with as much detail as possible using text, pictures and video.

How the winner will be chosen:

4 judges from the mod team will rank each entry on a scale of 1-10. The judges are looking for the most complete post depicting a day at your range. We will take the average to come up with a final rating.

This rating will represent the number of entries that will be put in a hat to draw a winner. Site Supporters will have this final number doubled.

example

Member X is a registered member and scores a 6. 6 entries will be placed in the hat

Member Y is a Site Supporter and scores a 6. 12 entries will be placed in the hat

Prize Details: Winner must be a resident of the State of Indiana and prize must be picked up at Bradis Guns. Prize will not be shipped to an FFL.

Updates
    :

Multiple entries are allowed however only one entry will count. We will take the entry with the highest score....

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The prize courtesy of Bradis Guns!

bannerSm.jpg

3206.jpg

VRnIu.jpg

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Dang it, why couldn't you of done this sooner? My range here at home is in one of our woods and I don't want to ruin it before deer season. Oh well I might do it anyways, lol.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I might give this a whirl, and then you all will make fun of my poor 'range'. So I will include my plans for the future range to make up for it :)

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OK, I'll bite, but there are too many freakin' rulez!
    May the biggest bullshooter win!

I showed up this afternoon at the ECPR with my 9mm and my trusty dog Wuss. It was my ninth visit out of a $75 10 visit pass. Guy was right, the covered bunker keeps the rain off. I had my video camera in my back pack, but by the time I noticed the perp in black balaclava (say that fast 5 times) and armor plate, I'd already taken two .50 cal's to the hard drive (that's why no pict's). I dropped to the ground behind a blue plastic barrel (ask Guy) and drew my well cleaned & oiled ( Hoppes & Hoppes) 9mm Cz 75BD from my OC/CC IWP/OWP padded leather vinyl holster. I had chambered a rnd and decocked the hammer before holstering. The range was still hot so I was in compliance when I took off the top of her (yes, her) head with 3 shots, the first a slow 8lb DA followed by 2 quick 4lb SA's as is this guns want. This was at about 7 yds, a distance I'm increasingly familiar with. At 10 yds the result would've been the same.
    The rest of the patrons had scattered behind the cement bunkers and folding tables. I noticed 2 off duty Constables On Patrol and one former Navy Seal among them. I said nothing (I was too busy typing this and dealing with the fog of war). As the range was still hot, I quickly dropped the mag, checked the chamber, field stripped, cleaned and holstered the weapon, then quietly left the grounds. During the ordeal this one thought kept going through my mind, WWJC (what would Jesus carry). "A Jericho Desert Eagle, of course" said a voice from behind a burning huckleberry bush. Very freaky. When I later doubled back, incognito (I'm easily identified by my one squinty eye and round white hat), to clean up my 3 rounds, people were still milling about talking in awed tones about what had gone down earlier and who was that squinty eyed old sailor guy. I said nothing and slipped away into the park. All in all, it was a fun day at the range. Wuss thought so to.

Made up pictures on request.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom