• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Anyone else remember Scott at Albro's? He could be pretty surly. Had fantastic prices and spellbinding peccadilloes. Had a real aversion to anyone dry firing his Colt Peacemaker. I bought a 77/22 from him at the 1500 many years ago. It was used and I was looking for any imperfection that might influence the price. Scott did that evil grin of his and just kept saying; "It's perfect". After much searching for dents or thin bluing, I had to pay full asking price.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I found a smoking deal on a Ruger 50th anniversary Mk II... "Used" but looked unfired.

Wish I'd never sold it - for the exact amount I paid for it. *sigh*

-J-

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I used to live in Greenwood, and bought a couple guns in there. I didn't go in enough to know them by name, but I did remember them selling most guns at 10% over their cost. It was a nice shop.

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis
    I remember a few years ago going in to look at a Walther P99 after doing my own research. I don't remember who helped me exactly, but I do remember when I asked him if it was a good gun, he took his carry gun out and it was a P99. I found that rather funny and, ultimately, I decided to buy the gun.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Albro's was awesome. Scott and Randy always took care of me and my brother. I purchased my 1st gun from them. And then purchased 5 or so more from them after that. Worst thing they ever did was move the store down the road to the strip mall behind Kmart.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought many firarms there. I moved to Kentucky for business and when I returned seven years later Albros was gone. Way too bad. So now BGF and PSS are taking my firearm money.

When I would ask for a better price, one of the guys would tell me: When I don't have it I give'm away free. Or something like that.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It was a great shop. I started going there after Scott sold it to Paul, Paul was always fair.
    They ran a nice shop, and kept a good inventory of higher end firearms.

Top Bottom