• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    There are 4 or 5 different ones that are based on citris oil, like from oranges. They do a pretty good job. They are good degreasers, be sure to wipe it off and re-oil steel parts. They do not leave things sticky and they do not dry out and discolor plastics. If you hate the smell of citris, that could be a problem. Easy to find even Dollar General has them, cheap to buy, safe around pets and the environmemt. Good Luck

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Wait until you are getting ready to wash a couple of loads thru the washing machine.

Field strip the gun and put the pieces in the bottom of a plastic pail. Fill the pail enough to cover the parts by about two inches, and then add a couple table spoons of dishwashing liquid.

Set the pail on top the washer when it is cycling thru, twice if the gun is really dirty.

Rinse the parts off and you'll have a sparkling clean gun for next to no hard work.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Wait until you are getting ready to wash a couple of loads thru the washing machine.

Field strip the gun and put the pieces in the bottom of a plastic pail. Fill the pail enough to cover the parts by about two inches, and then add a couple table spoons of dishwashing liquid.

Set the pail on top the washer when it is cycling thru, twice if the gun is really dirty.

Rinse the parts off and you'll have a sparkling clean gun for next to no hard work.
    hehe poor mans sonic cleaner ;)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    hoppes elite works good but dont use it much on blued guns

If it won't strip flesh from bone how do you expect it to clean gun grime? :laugh:

I have been reading that hoppes elite is the se as M-Pro7. I can pick it up locally and am planning on trying some.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

I like this idea.:)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Link please.

Easiest just to do a search for Hoppes Elite, M-Pro7, & Pantheon chemical. Mostly internet rumor so take it for what it is worth. Some say they are different, some say the MSDS is identical, some say the have the same "technology" or ingredients but in slightly different ratios. It is my experience having worked in the chemical industry for several years that it is a common practice for companies to change a formulation very slightly or even sell the same formulation of a product under a private label. Again may be true and may not.

I have used Hoppes #9 for years. But I am always interested in trying a different product. I can buy the Hoppes Elite locally so it is on the list to try.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Yeah I have heard Mpro7 and Hoppes Elite are the exact same thing. I really want to try Frog lube, since I hear it smells and works great, but I think its a bit too expensive. Plus I like how I can use Ballistol on wood and other stuff and it doesnt mess up grips or anything like that. I hear Ballistol smells AWFUL though.

Top Bottom