Ruger SR9C Slo-mo Shooting At 10,000 Feet Per Second!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Ruger SR9C Slo-mo Shooting At 10,000 Frames Per Second!

[ame=http://vimeo.com/48571597]Exploring Frame Rates and Resolutions on a Phantom Flex High Speed Camera - Video Blog on Vimeo[/ame]
    The music is annoying. Vid starts out slow as he slowly increases the fps beginning at 30fps to show off the ability of the camera. The real fun begins in the last couple minutes when he gets to 10,000. The vapor trail off the bullet :rockwoot:

Last edited:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    That's a sweet video. As cool as watching the gun was, anybody else just as amazed by the spent brass hitting the dirt?? Awesome!!!

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Awesome video! Too cool how you can see debris spiralling off of the bullet in flight.

Love my SR9C (even more now!).

Thanks for posting, thej27!

ol' poke

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Poor m*******s and their 10rd magazines. Yeah, that's 10000 frames per second, not feet. Your bullets don't go that fast. I also seriously doubt there's lead spiraling off the bullets; the jacket will be intact on impact.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Phantom Flex cameras are very fun to play with! I work in film/TV, and I know several cinematographers who have done very well for themselves and own their own camera(s). NONE OF THEM own one of these.

(that's probably because they wouldn't make their money back, not because they couldn't really afford it. Renting one for the specific shot(s) is the way to go)

Even @ 10k fps, still not fast enough for a bullet in flight. Though the muzzle velocity of blazer brass, which is what it looked like they were shooting, would be much higher than a 45 ACP for example. Another look with subsonic rounds would be a "blast."

...would love to see some shotgun stuff as well @ 10k fps....

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    Oh.. and the Phantom Flex probably has a price tag of anywhere between $50 - $120k, they don't really publish their prices. It's been around for a couple of years though, and at the pace digital imaging tech is going, it'll be a lot cheaper soon enough. You could probably rent one with a short zoom lens for $2-3k per day.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Awesome video! Too cool how you can see debris spiralling off of the bullet in flight.

Love my SR9C (even more now!).

Thanks for posting, thej27!

ol' poke

+1, I love my SR9c more everyday. That was one of the best videos I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom