Gun/shooting shows on netflix/hulu services?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The wife and I moved and swore off paying for cable. We did however get netflix and hulu. Is anyone here using those services or ones similar to watch any of the hunting/shooting/tactical shows from the outdoors cable channels?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know Amazon has some stuff. But not included in the subscription service "Amazon Prime".
    You have to buy the episode or season.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Netfix has anything Discovery or History, but nothing from the Outdoor Channel.

Hulu still has commercials which I feel is a waste of money for me and I have not found any shooting programs. Even with a 3 month free subscription to Hulu I only watched three shows due to the commercials still being part of the shows.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Netflix has older seasons (1-3 I think) of Top Shot, and season 1 of Sons of Guns (redjacket). Also has Howe and Howe Tech (military R&D vehicles), Top Sniper (cool military sniper compition at Ft. Benning), and other History and Military channel shows (things like Making of a Navy Seal, Marine Scout Sniper School). It also has SurvivorMan and shows like that.
    As you can see, I only have NetFlix too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I tried looking up Roku last night on the PS3. I'm not really a gamer and bought a PS3 because that's what I thought we'd need.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Hey if you're looking for your gun fix through a subscription-based site, you should check out PanteaoProductions.com, I think it's like $15 a month and you can watch as many of their movies as you want in HD.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    How does Roku work? Do you buy the box and than don't have to pay for Netflix and Hulu? Does it just plug and play in your TV with a WIFI network? I'm now intrigued.

I tried looking up Roku last night on the PS3. I'm not really a gamer and bought a PS3 because that's what I thought we'd need.

You buy the box and hook up to your Internet. I'm using DSL from the phone company. One time charge for the box starting at 49 dollars and basically plug and play. We use the Roku XS, on sale for 79 dollars, I think. There are Pay Channels but I'm doing Net Flix (7.99 a month) and all else the Free stuff. Wireless or direct wire to the Internet. We have 3, one wired and 2 using the wireless. We've been using for about a year now with Zero problems.
    Roku Channels from the Nowhere Man, and [URL="http://www.roku.com"]www.roku.com[/URL]

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Cool, i'll have to look into that. We are streaming Netflix from our Wii right now over the WiFi.

That's exactly how we're setup but using a PS3 over the wireless. It's amazing how there's no little glitches using wireless.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    That's basically where we were. We figured that not paying for cable, would actually pay for the PS3 & netflix over the course of a year. So far we're loving it because we can pull up a kids show really fast when they're getting ready for a nap or bedtime.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    . So far we're loving it because we can pull up a kids show really fast when they're getting ready for a nap or bedtime.
    :rockwoot: THAT IS THE TRUTH!!! Plus they get decent movies pretty quickly. Lockout is on now and that has only been out for a couple of months.
    I"m glad you like it, there are always new shows and movies they are putting up.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I know this isn't exactly a "tactical" or "gun" show, but Last Man Standing on Netflix is pretty good. Tim Allen plays a Conservative dad and has daily struggles with two of his three daughters that are left-leaning. It's pretty funny for us conservatives because it makes fun of all of the true liberal concepts. Just figured I'd throw that out there :)

Top Bottom