• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    A small gun show at the fair grounds this week end 12-13.Not the largest but it is a warm building and a show >What better thing to do on a winter day
    I stand corrected the show is the 12-13
    i would be out in the cold a long time.
    Please excuse an old man.

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    LaPorte Gun and Knife Show
    Jan. 12th 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. CDT
    Jan. 13th 9 A.M. - 3 P.M. CDT
    LaPorte County Fairgrounds
    2581 W. State Rd. 2
    Free Parking
    $5.00 admission​
    Children under 12 admitted free with paid adult.​

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    laporte show

I have been going to the last few LaPorte shows at the fairgrounds. Not real impressed. I like to attend in hopes that it will improve but so far it has not. I'm 5 miles away and probably won't go. Crabby dealer last time upset about people picking up his pistols without asking. I told him put up a sign or take them back home. I know folks typically ask but when there is a crowd, and you'd like to see the hidden price tag are you supposed to stand there an hour?

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    i suppose that if you made a mistake and entered a gay bar and someone put the hit on you You would not be upset because they didn't ask first??

It is polite to ask to handle other peoples things.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    show

Well, gay bar analogy does not really fit well. I always ask first to handle any weapon and I didn't get yelled at but someone next to me did that simply picked up a pistol to see what the hidden price tag read and got jumped very hard for it. How long are you supposed to stand around a stinky crowd waiting for permission? It was a commercial dealer as well but if you don't want to sell them are you going to screen who can pick them up and who can't? I hate smart aleck dealers that are plain out rude to customers for no good reason.

silverbullet4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    So the general consensus is don't waste my time? I was thinking about heading out there but after reading this my mind is experiencing a bit of apprehension.

silverbullet4x4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am right there with you. I can't imagine there will be too much stock. For me, that is too far to drive unless it was pretty much a sure thing.

Not only that, with all the price gouging going on I am sure that people will be asking an arm and a leg for everything. I really was only going to browse and see if I could pick up another handgun or magazines at a decent price.

itsgreg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hudson
    I cant make this show but we have a person going with our ammo. Wasn't sure he would have any .223 but just got about 20k rounds for him to take to the show

airman0404

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    This show was a complete waste of time. Got there 15 minutes before opening and line was long and just kept growing. Got in, and everything was grossly over priced. What AR's they did have were $2500+, Pmags $50-60, rifle ammo $1+ a round, pistols a little high, etc. I figured stuff would be high, but thought there might be at least one deal. Good luck everyone at the 1500.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    This show was a complete waste of time. Got there 15 minutes before opening and line was long and just kept growing. Got in, and everything was grossly over priced. What AR's they did have were $2500+, Pmags $50-60, rifle ammo $1+ a round, pistols a little high, etc. I figured stuff would be high, but thought there might be at least one deal. Good luck everyone at the 1500.

Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna go in 15 mins, figured Id kill some time on ingo first, now maybe I'll just go for a walk with the family instead.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Not sure why but I decided to go over today to check this out. Complete waste of time. Prices were crazy on most magazines and ammo. Couple used guns that had decent prices but nothing I was looking for. One AR that was all decked out and which is the one listed a couple post in front of this one. Even the reloading items were crazy on the prices. I will remember these people if things ever come back down because they won't ever get my business. Did at least salvage the trip over with a trip to Blythes in Valpo. Nice store with several items to look at which made my trip. Ended up with a nice red dot and a couple magazines for my GSG-522 before they get banned.

Reapermaxx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    There was one vendor there selling handgun mags for $85.00 dollars each. I don't mean the extended mags I mean the original glock mags, beretta mags and etc. The cheapest .223 they were selling were about 1.00 a round and the they went all the way up to 2.00 a round for some the penetrator rounds.

Top Bottom