Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I just went to the Fort Wayne Gun and Knife Show this past Saturday and it was ridiculous how over priced every thing was. I priced a Bushmaster Basic in October for around $1000. At the GS I couldn't find any thing for under $1700 new and $1300 used. I was extremely disappointed. I did notice that handguns didn't go up in cost but the mags and ammo did.

Sharpshooter
    Very cool. Great info
    Second Amendment - Now more than ever!!!

Nice analysis. I thought the prices spiked and stayed until you proved different.

Very interesting analysis. Hopefully ammo prices will drop back down soon as well.

I think people are starting to run out of money and calm down about the whole AWB. Hopefully prices will get back to normal soon. I do think that full capacity mags (I refuse to call a standard mag, "high capacity") will continue to fetch higher prices. They cost much less and are much more likely to be the target of legislation.

Also, thanks for taking the time to do this. It is a very interesting trend. I didnt know we were starting to come down on prices but that make this collector happy.
    Revelation 19:11

Master
    I wish I was as optimistic as some of you guys regarding the pricing coming back down. As we get closer and closer to the new AWB being put out for a vote the more I see the panic building and prices soaring. Until the new AWB is soundly defeated and a thing of the past, prices are only going to go one way - up UP UP. I am surprised though that pistols haven't been as affected nearly as much though. Glocks & M&P's are still available under $600 which isn't great, but it could be a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I wish I was as optimistic as some of you guys regarding the pricing coming back down. As we get closer and closer to the new AWB being put out for a vote the more I see the panic building and prices soaring. Until the new AWB is soundly defeated and a thing of the past, prices are only going to go one way - up UP UP. I am surprised though that pistols haven't been as affected nearly as much though. Glocks & M&P's are still available under $600 which isn't great, but it could be a lot worse.
    I think some of the bans are trying to include pistols, especially the ones with more than 10 round mags. Hopefully that doesnt happen, but I too am surprised at the availability of pistols. Still, some handguns are harder to find now. But at least they aren't being price gouged as much as the black rifles.
    Revelation 19:11

Plinker
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    It looks like legislators are backing down a little, but I doubt they'll be forgotten.

BREAKING: Illinois Firearms Ban Bill Dies in Committee, Not on Agenda for Lame Duck Session | The Truth About Guns

BREAKING: Senator Mitch McConnell: No Gun Control for Three Months | The Truth About Guns

Quote Originally Posted by avboiler11 View Post
    ...just wait until credit card bills start hitting in the next 2-3 weeks.

I bet there will be quite a few more uppers, lowers, and complete rifles hitting the secondary market at high ask prices...
    Good point! I never try to buy with credit cards if I can afford it anyways. 1) Because I hate being in debt to others, and 2) who knows what kind of database they keep on that stuff!

Master
    Looks like i missed the most oppertune time to sell
    "God didnt create all men equal, Smith and Wesson did"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast