What is the "slowest" time at a normal 1500?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I'm curious what you all think is the slowest time at a normal 1500?

Besides really really late on Sunday.

I've only ever been early in the day, on all three days. Never mid-day Sat. or Sun. or late on Friday.

SPUTTER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    BEDFORD
    :patriot:The way my son explains it to me this will not be normal, have cash, billfold in the front pocket be first in line and when the door opens you will have a bout 1 to 3 seconds before crazyness breaks out. :ar15:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    from past experience maybe a 1/2 hour after the doors open on Friday. Usually there is a line to get in Friday when the doors open, but it does move pretty quickly, and its cleared out in 15 or 20 min.

I will still say Friday will be the best day because most people are working. Saturday will be an absolute mad house, and sunday, probably more of the same this time.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    At a "normal" 1500, the opening on Friday, from about 2pm to 4pm, is not very crowded but you are also lucky if 60% of the exhibitors have even uncovered their tables. If you are buying something heavy (bulk ammo, for example), I've found that Sunday, in the last 2 hours, can be a great time to talk some lazy ass into selling at a discount to save having to carry/load it to take it home.

Again, that's at a normal 1500. This one will be anything but normal.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The slowest time is about 1 hour before the show Opens! Found that out while volunteering for the Mourdock Campaign! I would get there early on Fridays and Saturdays to get things set up then I had a little time to hit my favorite vendors before the doors opened! And since I did not have to pay for parking or admission that much sweeter! Alas those days are now gone! but if you can get there more that an hour before the doors open and don;t mind waiting in line you might have the place to yourself for a little while. But the last 1500 before the Election I was there more than an hour ahead of time and the line still wrapped around the building!

Top Bottom