• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    To all firearms, silencer, accessory or ammo manufactures who are currently, or who are considering restricting the sale of your merchandise from the New York Law Enforcement and Government Agencies:

I pride myself as an American and am a firm believer that our founding fathers did think through the future development of weapon systems before writing "shall not be infringed". I am upset at the unconstitutional introduction of bills the New York gov has brought forward. To those businesses considering taking these same actions, I encourage you. To those of you who have already extended the civilian purchase prohibition to the LE/GOV, I commend you for your brave actions. As you are well aware, the basic laws of supply and demand rule business. All it takes are a few non-supportive companies looking to make a buck to lessen your cause.

I will not sit and watch this happen.
    "Together we stand or divided we fall."

I can't speak for the 29,000+ members of our board in the great state of Indiana, but I will personally pledge that every available penny that my family spends on any firearm related purchase will be extended first to the companies that are refusing sale to LE/GOV of New York while the unconstitutional laws are in place. We know your actions aren't easy, we know they will hurt your business.

In response to the laws of economics and your decisions, I pledge to you that I will do everything within my power to bring your business back to you in the way of my purchases and recommendations.

To those INGO members and visitors reading this and to all Americans alike, I encourage, I insist that you, publicly take the same pledge and post this message on every firearm related forum you come in contact with.

Regards,
    Goodcat @ INGO
    ----
    To those extending my vows, please place a link to the original thread here on INGO so we can keep a master list.
    ----

As of my last update, the following companies have my support:

Olympic Arms, Inc
    LaRue Tactical
    Barrett
    EFI, LLC - Extreme Firepower
    York Arms
    Templar Custom
    Cheaper Than Dirt (but lower your stupid prices)
    Magpul
    Spikes Tactical
    Midway USA
    West Michigan Tactical
    TierOne Firearms

Future developments
    http://www.thepoliceloophole.com/

------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.
    Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller – 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago – 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

Due (to) the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announce that the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law Enforcement Officers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York State government entity or employee of such an entity – will no longer be served as customers.

EFI, LLC
    “We refuse to recognize law enforcement exemptions on gun control. If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction.”
    The company’s policy supports a broad market strategy for sales. Meador reminded us that “law enforcement sales don’t make up a significant portion of the market.”
    The York Arms website is one that did not mince words on the company’s policy as it relates to gun sales for New York.
    Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies.
    For “civilian” customers residing in New York: 
At your choice, we will:
    complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
    refund your payment in full
    hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge – if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.

For LE/Govt customers in New York:
    Your orders have been cancelled.

Texas-based La Rue Tactical also posted their new policy on Facebook on February 8th:
    Effective today, in an effort to see that no legal mistakes are made by LaRue Tactical and/or its employees, we will apply all current State and Local Laws (as applied to civilians) to state and local law enforcement / government agencies. In other words, LaRue Tactical will limit all sales to what law-abiding citizens residing in their districts can purchase or possess.
    Templar Custom of North Carolina is a North Carolina-based maker of precision rifles. CEO Bob Reynolds spoke with TheBlaze on Friday and reinforced the company’s position as posted on Facebook.
    We will not sell arms to agents of the state of New York that hold themselves to be “more equal” than their citizens.
    As long as the legislators of New York think they have the power to limit the rights of their citizens, in defiance of the Constitution, we at Templar will not sell them firearms to enforce their edicts.

Online retailer Cheaper Than Dirt stepped up with a supportive statement on their Facebook page on Friday the 15th.
    Recently, companies such as LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms have announced that they will no longer sell prohibited items to government agencies and personnel in states that deny the right to own those items to civilians. It has been and will continue to be Cheaper Than Dirt’s policy to not to sell prohibited items to government agencies and/or agents in states, counties, cities, and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We support and encourage other companies that share in this policy.

Spikes Tactical
    "Updated Policy for State and Local Law Enforcement Agency Sales:

In light of the recent and numerous anti-gun and anti-2nd Amendment laws pending across the Nation, Spike’s Tactical will be joining other manufacturers and distributors and limiting the business we do in states that have limited the right to keep and bear arms for their citizens.

As of today, it will be our policy not to sell prohibited items to law enforcement agencies, government agencies and agents in states, counties, cities and municipalities that have enacted restrictive gun control laws against their citizens. We urge other companies to join in support."

Last edited:

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    That is my policy too. I support those companies who support what I believe and/provide what I want. This includes may other areas of interest besides firearms.

There is a small local grocery chain where the prices are a little higher than Meijer and Wal-Mart. The choices and quality of food are good, the customer service and friendliness of the employees is great, they have good benefits, and support the local community beyond lip service. I prefer to shop their and with few exceptions rarely go to the other 2. Although, Meijer's is 2nd and Wal-Mart is avoided.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Here are some contacts you might want to send to:

• info-at-magpul.com (Generic contact- does anyone know Govt Sales contact?)
    • publicsafetysales-at-sigsauer.com (LE Sales)
    • dgrier-at-smith-wesson.com (LE Sales)
    • LE.info-at-glock.us (LE Sales)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Well done, Goodcat!

I'm in - Barrett took this stand with CA, I've heard that Olympic Arms did it in NY Who else? I want to know who to support. Any Oly dealers on the board? Let us know so we can buy them ahead of others.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I screwed up and posted this to the wrong thread...

But -

Hey Shooter521... You guys at Bradis are listed as an Oly dealer. How about posting your Oly inventory first and foremost. That way we can make it disappear extra quickly. I think you guys ought to give the Oly and Larue (and anyone else who joins the party) top billing.

Ditto for any other retailer. Display the patriot companies PROMINENTLY in your ads. Even to the point of "These guys are patriots - > Buy from them FIRST."

What about you guys up in Bluffton? You guys are Oly distributors, right? Send a message. You don't think that the other manufacturers will listen?

What do you say?

NOTE: I'm not suggesting that you DON'T sell the "traitor" companies' stuff. But if there's a line to be drawn - let's draw it. If I have the choice of a pocket pistol between a company that has taken a stand and told NY to pound sand and say Kahr... I love my Kahr EDC - but I would let it go over the issue, and spend more money to replace it with one made by a patriot company.

And yes, we need to start labeling them as patriots and traitors. No point mincing words. Apply pressure.

Last edited:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    If anyone has time to develope a list so far of companies to support and PM it to me, I can keep a current list in the original thread. Otherwise, ill find time this weekend to build a "support group".

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I actually called Olympic arms as soon as I heard what they were doing. I let them know that they just gained a customer and that I appreciated what they were doing. I in fact did say I speak for all my fellow Hoosiers because I know it's important to all of us. I even told him I don't even live in NY but the principle of what there doing is greAtly appreciated. If I could get Barrett phone number I would call them and let them know too

Last edited:

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I know that Oly, Larue, and Barrett are U.S. manufactured, but what do you guys think is the likely hood that we can get foreign manufacturers to participate (Glock, Sig, Beretta, etc.) based on our 2A concerns? I would think that their decision would be based solely on the loss of business to american citizens rather than the 2nd amendment. Thoughts?

Top Bottom